PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone own a Canon powershot S2 IS or similar???? **maybe you can help us!*

made4more
04-05-2007, 08:53 AM
MOderators, is it ok to post this here?

I just got this camera and it comes with no software. none. :scratch thanks guy! anyway- I called canon and found out it's going to cost me another 20 bucks for this. I was hoooooping someone could burn theirs for me, and then I'd pay you for shipping to ship it to me??? :think :shrug

expatmom
04-05-2007, 10:21 AM
I don't remember any of our recent cameras coming with software because our computers always recognized them directly. Most computers these days will automatically recognize most recent digital cameras without adding any extra software. Have you tried plugging your camera into your computer?

Leslie
04-05-2007, 11:45 AM
If you have Windows XP, you shouldn't need software to download the pictures (expatmom said). I have a Canon, not sure what kind and I'm NAK, but I didn't even download the software. It wanted to install programs to my hard drive that I don't need and don't want. The camera doesn't need the software to download the pictures from the camera.

LoveIsGentle
04-05-2007, 11:56 AM
I have a Powershot (A530) and even though mine came with software, I didn't like it and haven't used it since the first day I installed it. I would certainly think you could just plug your camera into the computer and be able to get the pictures off without any software.

made4more
04-05-2007, 02:59 PM
yeah. thanks ladies, I kept meaning to come back to this post. We figured it out. we had corel and that does it!