PDA

View Full Version : Do I really need to follow these directions?

LittleSweetPeas
04-02-2007, 04:00 PM
I just bought the girls some new bedding from Target. The tag says to commercial front load wash and dry only. What? Is this really necessary? I bought the twin size so one comforter is NOT going to overfill the washer. Thoughts?

GodisGood
04-02-2007, 04:11 PM
I never do... :shifty

mom2threePKs
04-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Probably an attempt to protect themselves from someone saying it fell apart when i washed it. If you use a smaller sized washer it might be a problem. I've washed huge comforters in my washing machine!

Bonnie
04-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Not sure about the washing issue. For drying, it can be a problem because if little bits in the middle that you can't feel stay damp you might end up growing something. I just dry...and dry...and fluff, and dry...and dry some more...

Ali
04-02-2007, 04:50 PM
I agree you probably don't have to. Considering it doesn't say "dryclean" or anything, the instructions are probably to cover themselves from someone saying it fell apart in their top-loading agitating washer (which can be harder on fabrics and tend to pull the fluff inside toward the edges and corners). Also a big conforter in a small washer can damage the washer, too. I wash up to standard-size comforters in my big top-loader. Queen and larger I take to the laundrymat, just because my washer will overflow water with the bigger stuff. I double rinse comforters, too, because it seems a little harder to get all the detergent out of them with just one rinse cycle. And I also do the dry...fluff....dry....fluff...dry!

LittleSweetPeas
04-03-2007, 03:11 PM
thanks!

jghomeschooler
04-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Is it a nicer, THICK comforter? I had full sized ones from JCPenney that weren't very expensive but were very thick. I washed one in my machine and dried it, then discovered that it had ripped. :( SO, if it's really thick then I'd rec using the commercial machines, but if not I'd try it at home.