PDA

View Full Version : bees! help!!!

heidisue
03-28-2007, 06:16 PM
timothy has a potentially fatal allergy to bees and our yard is infested with them! these are little bees that live in the ground. their holes almost like like ant hills and they are everywhere! i had to chase petri the bunny around the yard tonight when it was time for him to go back to his crate and omgoodness! they are literally every 6 inches or so. i haven't wanted ted to spray the yard for ticks and flees but this is just too much. i can't imagine trying to dig a garden or anything. right now they don't appear to be aggressive but a few years ago, when the nests where few and far between, timothy stepped in one and ended up with 25+ stings from head to toe. by the time i got him out of the swarm (did this with juby on my back in the sling-woulda taken to long to get her off and she was mostly covered-she got one sting) the bees were in my clothes and all over him. hudson and teddy got stung too. so the moral of that story is that these bees can get aggressive....like when big toddlers stomp their nests. i don't know what the difference is between the little holes and whatever it was he walked on because even when ted mowed recently they didn't sting him or get upset.

help! anyone have any idea what to do? should we spray?

katiekind
03-30-2007, 09:19 PM
I'd call the exterminator people, Heidi. :yes2 I don't think you can afford to mess around if your child has a life-threatening allergy to beestings and you have a yard full of bees. How scary for him that incident must have been! :hug2

heidisue
03-31-2007, 04:19 PM
Thanks Kathy. I'm just so sad to have to do this. We have a bunch of flowering trees in the woods behind our home and in our yard that I am afraid will be effected but the thought of finding my son in shock because of a sting is too much. :cry Maybe God will allow bees from someplace else to flurish to replace the ones we are killing.