PDA

View Full Version : Weed Killers

hink4687
03-25-2007, 10:08 AM
Is there anything natural I have around my house I can spray on weeds to kill them? Just suddenly our yard has been taken over by them!

BHope
03-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Go buy yourself some industrial grade vinager. 10 or 20 percent strength. Then selectively spray the weeds with a spray bottle. Be sure not to do it on a windy day because vinager is an indiscriminate killer. I usually keep my spray bottle set on "stream" and not "mist." The other thing to keep in mind is just to get out there once a day for a couple minutes and pull up weeds while they are little. Our yard started growing weeds early last week and I only half heartedly pulled them. By this last Friday it was a literal forest with some weeds standing as tall as TWO feet! Pulling them has been an insanity.

I finally succomed yesterday and mowed down the parts that I hadn't had time to weed. I'm intending to go back out today and spray the mowed stumps of weeds with vinager. That should prevent those weeds from coming back.

hink4687
03-25-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks! I was actually wondering if vinegar would work...it seems to work for everything else! :giggle