PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else excited about spring?

TuneMyHeart
03-21-2007, 08:44 AM
It's the first day of spring! I noticed plants are starting to grow and bloom in my yard too! I love working in my flower beds. :heart My hostas and cannas are starting to grow, my rose bushes have leaves, and my creeping phlox is very purdy :). I didn't get to do much yardwork last spring because we had a new, colicky baby, but I'm hoping this year I'll figure out a way for us to work out there together. I'm dying to go to the nursery, but I get easily carried away so I'm putting it off as long as I can stand it. ;)

2sunshines
03-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Me! I am so excited about spring.

It's pouring rain here today but rain is better than snow. :)

mom2threegirls
03-21-2007, 12:24 PM
I am SO excited! I've been working on my my lawn and weeding the last couple days and can't wait to get started on filling my pots up with beautiful annuals in a month or so :rockon. All my daffodills and hyacinths are blooming right now and the tulip foliage is up- can't wait to see my tulips again! Spring has sprung!

I get carried away too... The nursery is a dangerous place this time of year! (as are the Breck's catalogs that wind up in my mailbox! My DH has been instructed to throw any Breck's catalog's out :O I have a tendency to preorder things and then forget they are coming and have WAAAAY too much stuff come in the fall or spring :doh)

My 7 year old is so cute this year, too- she's more excited about spring than I am! She's had a big container of strawberries outside her bedroom window for about 4 years now and this year she is REALLY excited about getting it all ready :smile. So she's been busy weeding and getting the soil ready in her strawberry garden, hehe :heart. My little gardener in training :)

-Cari

Close2MyHeart
03-21-2007, 12:29 PM
I'm VERY excited... but still buried in about 3 feet of snow. *sigh* The eves are dripping tho! :tu

Mama Calidad
03-21-2007, 12:35 PM
:yes We've got corn and green beans coming up...and blooms on the orange tree. :tu

findingjoy
03-21-2007, 12:36 PM
:jump2

Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

I suffer a bit from S.A.D. so I am very happy for Spring to arrive. Spring weather actually arrived here a week or so ago and my daffodils and plum trees have already bloomed. When my plum trees bloomed, I told my husband it just made me so happy to look at them. It really perked me up and made me feel so much better! I'm determined to plant more spring bulbs and flowering trees around here. I'm not sure about gardens this year because we are building a new house on our property and my dh said most of the yard around the house will need to be scraped and smoothed out as it's been dug up in various places for utilities. So it's futile for me to try to plant anything yet. I may just do containers this year. I'm so happy it's Springtime though! Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Close2MyHeart
03-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Laura... I'm drooling! Fresh corn... fresh beans... those are right around the corner for you!!! They are MONTHS away for me. :no3

TuneMyHeart
03-21-2007, 01:01 PM
My 7 year old is so cute this year, too- she's more excited about spring than I am! She's had a big container of strawberries outside her bedroom window for about 4 years now and this year she is REALLY excited about getting it all ready . So she's been busy weeding and getting the soil ready in her strawberry garden, hehe . My little gardener in training

That's adorable! I can't wait till Ellie can help me dig in the dirt. :rockon

Wow, corn and green beans already? There's nothing like home grown corn. :yum Mmmm, I'm drooling just thinking about it. We had a nice garden last year, but we're getting our house ready to sell and are hoping to move soon, so we may just do some container gardening this year. That definitely helps keep me from going too crazy with the seed catalogues and at the nursery though! But my yard needs flowers and I need my gardening (it's cheap but wonderful therapy)!

mom2threegirls
03-22-2007, 10:51 AM
:yes I totally understand about wanting to hold off because of moving... We may be moving in the next 6 months or so too so I'm trying to hold off starting too much more than my containers.... It's so hard though! I soooo want to do a veggie garden... haven't done that for a couple years since the summer my middle daughter was born and I never watered anything :shifty (or did anthing else, for that matter, except put the plants/seeds in the ground!) . Amazingly, we still had some good tomatoes and beans and some swiss chard come up! But this year with my little helpers I could get a lot more done... just don't want to end up moving halfway through the season and leaving my veggies. hmmmm :think

Gardening is amazing therapy isn't it? Between working in my yard and running I'm never going to need a therapist! :giggle