PDA

View Full Version : Help!! My screen is sideways!!

MamaCare
03-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Giselle was typing in MS Word, and when I came back after a trip to the bathroom, the screen was totally sideways. (As in, she somehow told the computer we have a vertical monitor or something) I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix it, called DH at work, and he doesn't have time to walk me through various troubleshooting possibilities... and I'm getting a neck-ache from tipping my head to the left to read to try to figure it out from the help menus. Anyone??? Anyone????

Mother of Sons
03-14-2007, 12:02 PM
That just happened to me a while back!! I can't remember how I fixed it. I'll look it up and come back.

Oh... I think it might have been to hold down the control key and the alt key and then hit one of the arrow keys in the direction you want the screen to go.

Here was my thread.

http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=95518.0

3xblessed
03-14-2007, 12:06 PM
My ds does this all the time! Took me hours to accidentally fix it the first time.
Hold down the Ctrl and Alt keys while you push the up arrow on your keyboard. This should fix it. If it turns it the wrong way, just do the same thing only use a different arrow key until it goes the right way.
I am computer illiterate so I hope I explained it okay. :)

MamaCare
03-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Woo-Hoo! It worked! Thanks, Ladies!!! :clap :rockon :phew