PDA

View Full Version : Icons not working?

4thekids
01-31-2007, 07:16 PM
Some of the icons on my desktop aren't opening anything anymore. They were yesterday and today they won't. :shrug It's my Internet Explorer and PeoplePC that aren't working when I click them ( It does bring up their properties but it doesn't open the program) and when I click on my documents it says "Data Execution Prevention... To help protect your computer, Windows has closed this program." So I am guessing some kinda bug? :scratch What do I do to fix it? TIA.

Hermana Linda
01-31-2007, 11:22 PM
Have you tried rebooting?

4thekids
02-01-2007, 07:26 AM
Oh wow! That was easy. :O The icons are now working. I still get the Data execution thing for my documents. I think that is some sorta virus or something though. :shrug I need something better than norton on here. That thing is useless. :rolleyes Oh well no more internet after 2 more days so I won't be getting anything anyways. :cool Thanks!

Hermana Linda
02-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Glad it worked. It's always a good first step.

Check this (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875351&product=windowsxpsp2) out.

Now, why are you giving up the internet in 2 days? :listen

4thekids
02-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Thanks. I've jsut been working around it since I wasn't able to be online till now to see it and I don't have my computer available to read and do. Getting rid of the internet because I have no self control and get annoyed at my little guy because he is interupting my internet time, which is all the time, basically. :blush So it is gone and I just check in when I am at my mom's doing laundry since my washer broke down. :doh :)

Hermana Linda
02-09-2007, 01:56 PM
:sad2 Ok. You're doing the right thing. :hug