PDA

View Full Version : knitted tights????

KitKat
12-07-2006, 10:57 PM
In germany, we found these wonderful knitted tights for boys or girls. Well, I can't find them here and thought "Hey, I wonder if I can make some?" So, does anyone know where there might be a free pattern for knitted tights. I figure if nothing else, I could take a pattern for pants and add footies to it, but they would be loose, and these are fitted like regular tights. HELP!!

Mother of Sons
12-07-2006, 10:59 PM
Do you mean knitted like with yarn?

I've been having a hard time finding tights that aren't super thin for . I found some cable tights today at babies r us though and they seem a little better.

Are they anything like this?

http://www.oliebollen.com/SearchResult.aspx?KeyWords=stockings

KitKat
12-07-2006, 11:11 PM
yes, that is pretty much the same. See, but in Germany, we could get a pair for 2 euros. Over here, I haven't seen any for that little. I did find a pattern, but it is for preemies, so I don't know how that will work :lol considering he is 9 months old. I am going to keep looking though.

poleidopy
12-07-2006, 11:18 PM
I just got DS a REALLY thick pair on e-bay. This lady had a whole bunch and I only paid like, $2.99 for a pair with $1 shipping. I'll see if I can find her sellername...BRB

poleidopy
12-07-2006, 11:20 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/TIGHTS-THICK-WARM-Size-2T-Royal-Blue_W0QQitemZ4783900897QQihZ003QQcategoryZ57845QQ rdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Mother of Sons
12-07-2006, 11:21 PM
I got a bunch that are pretty thick from a thrift sale. They are pink with minnie mouse on them though. The cable ones are fairly thick too.

IslandMama
12-07-2006, 11:42 PM
Old Navy carries cotton cable/ribbed tights... I've used these in the winter. :tu I saw a pattern somewhere to knit, but it would take a while, and I know it was on small needles... I'd probably just pay the $6 and get it over with. :giggle

Mother of Sons
12-08-2006, 12:01 AM
Do you have any contacts in Germany still who could send you some? That's how I got split pants for .

Marrae
12-08-2006, 01:26 AM
They're commonly available here (UK). Many stores have them. I could send you some if you wish. :)

KitKat
12-08-2006, 08:52 AM
Do you have any contacts in Germany still who could send you some? That's how I got split pants for .

Most the people I know over there, wouldn't know where to look.

OOOOOH but DH is going over there next week for work. Maybe I can get him to pick up a bunch.

They're commonly available here (UK). Many stores have them. I could send you some if you wish.

How much do they cost there? The dollar to pound rate might kill me on that one.