PDA

View Full Version : takin' it back!

herbalwriter
10-30-2006, 06:23 PM
I got outside with ds today and "took back" parts of my neglected garden. :woohoo Like so many tasks/projects in my life, when I actually buckle down and do them they are not nearly as impossible as I had thought. Ds just hovered around and played with sticks and I was able to fight the tough bramble and seedlings - even used a hand saw on some of them - and cut back deal perenniel aerial parts. The trouble is, in uprooting those dreadful brambles (they are blackberries), I ended up uprooting a lot of my wonderful sweet woodruff. :( But I know the nature of sw and if I keep it clear this spring, the remaining plants should spread.

Well, I just thought I'd post this since my last post about my garden was so full of woe!

I just got inspired when I realized I could do this, that it was not an impossible task, even with hand tools only. :tu

Rabbit
10-31-2006, 10:16 PM
I am so excited for you! I know that has got to feel good.

-Natalie

granolamommy
10-31-2006, 10:18 PM
:tu Way to go!

herbalwriter
11-01-2006, 07:29 PM
THank you! :-) I waited until fall to do this b/c I knew it would not grow back in 3 minutes. :mrgreen

Joyce
11-11-2006, 02:51 PM
:jump2

I'm so happy to hear about your success! You go!

herbalwriter
11-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Thanks Joyce!

Now if I only knew what to do about snakeberry...I think I will start another thread about that!