PDA

View Full Version : Bloggers?

Elora
10-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Where do you blog?

I'm thinking of starting, but I'm not sure where.

I'd like somewhere that I'd have the option of making it private

tinybutterfly
10-30-2006, 01:59 AM
I like Xanga. I also just started a myspace, so I could keep up with friends who are over there, but I like Xanga better. It's fairly easy to set up and easy to do fun things like use the colors, borders, post pics, etc.. and you have public, protected and private posting options. You have all that at myspace, too, but there are tons of advertisements and it seems a bit more complicated to me over there.

I don't know anything about facebook, blogspot or any others that might be out there. Good luck and have fun!

Benjaminswife
10-30-2006, 03:09 AM
I use blogspot. It is not 100% private though. I also use Xanga and Myspace. I think Xanga you can be totally private if you want. And Myspace you can make private too.

Wonder Woman
10-30-2006, 04:59 AM
I really like http://wordpress.org (although tbh I have all of my blogs except two on my own domains.)

Wordpress has no ads, and you have the option to password protect all of it or any portion of it, and to make it all accessible to members only.

Very flexible, and the best platform I've come across yet. :tu

PeacefulConviction
10-30-2006, 05:26 AM
I'm a xangan to :tu

Aisling
10-30-2006, 07:38 AM
I use xanga because all my old posts are there, but i also have a Blogger (blogspot) account. I absolutely love blogger!!! :mrgreen You get all the options you'd get on xanga premium, but it's free and so easy to use. :tu Plus, you can use one account to participate in several blogs. I contribute to my brother's discussion blog, mine, dh's and our house church's...and they all show up on one dashboard by signing in once. Love it.

kris10s
10-30-2006, 07:50 AM
blogger or wordpress, definitely! :tu

domesticzookeeper
10-30-2006, 07:57 AM
I use blogspot. It is not 100% private though. I also use Xanga and Myspace. I think Xanga you can be totally private if you want. And Myspace you can make private too.

The new Blogger beta allows you to have a private blog :tu