PDA

View Full Version : Digital camera for under $200.

4thekids
10-23-2006, 03:01 PM
We have a Canon camcorder that also does pics but they are not good quality. (We find out after using it for the first 4 months of Little's life. :cry ) So we need to get a camera that will take good quality pics but we only have 200. Are there any good ones out there for that price? What should I look for? I would like to be able to blow up pics to 8 by 10 at least and them look good, not grainy. What we have now regular pic size looks grainy. :sad2 TIA!

SouthPaw
10-23-2006, 04:46 PM
there are actually a lot :) i did my research a year and a half ago so i'm probably behind the curve now, but i was able to get a 5 megapixel camera for less than 200 (i got a panasonic lumix dmc-lz2 and i love it, i'm sure there are some newer ones out by now tho) the megapixels are what will allow you to blow up the pictures without graininess. oh and mine has an image stabilizer too, which is really nice. that helps with the blurriness from hand motion, so your blown up pictures arent fuzzy.

4thekids
10-30-2006, 04:17 AM
Thanks. I searched around for that one and it is difficult to find new. My mom has a Kodak that she got for just over 100 that she is going to blow up some pics off of so I can see how that one does. Anyone else have any suggestions?

mom2threePKs
10-30-2006, 05:10 AM
I have a Sony Cybershot dsc-s90. It has 4.1 megapixels. I think I paid about $169 for it last december at Sam's Club. I really really like it. it has a nice large viewing screen and came with rechargable batteries and a battery charger. Consumer Reports gave the cybershots a good rating. If I recall, consumer reports said 3-4 megapixels is plenty for 8x10s. Much bigger than that and you'll need to have more.

Magan