PDA

View Full Version : how do you make your meatloaf?

Garnet
10-21-2006, 01:11 PM
I make mine with red and green peppers, season salt, garlic, and cheese mixed in. I've made it before with bread in it too, but the bread soaks up grease IMO and I like to drain the grease off.

I've also made it free standing ( not in a loaf pan, but in a cake sheet) and drained off the grease. I baste it with barbecue sauce and it forms a crust on it.

Kailie
10-21-2006, 03:04 PM
I can honesty say that I have never had meatloaf. Is it good??

Garnet
10-21-2006, 03:07 PM
I like it. There's lots of different ways to make it. I like that you stick it in a pan and let it go...LOL

Mama Calidad
10-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Ground beef, onions, egg, ketchup, worstershire sauce, salt, pepper and crackers. Topping of ketchup, mustard and brown sugar.

Iarwain
10-21-2006, 03:30 PM
Ground meat (usu. beef), oatmeal, an egg or two, onions, garlic, and thyme or maybe some Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Ketchup spread on top before baking. I used to have a really nifty loaf pan that had two pieces. One regular loaf pan and another that fit inside and had drain holes for the grease to drain off as it cooked. I loved that. I'll have to try hand shaping and putting in a large pan because I hate the puddle of grease when it's done.

Garnet
10-21-2006, 05:59 PM
yeah, but I dump the grease off mine a couple times while cooking. Unless I use a higher grade of ground with less fat.

CrunchySeaSalt
10-21-2006, 06:05 PM
One egg and instead of crackers or bread and seasoning...I crush Stove Top and use it instead...adds just enough spice and flavoured bread to it.

Then I top with ketchup, brown sugar and BBQ sauce

Katydid
10-21-2006, 06:14 PM
Ground beef, oatmeal, egg, ketchup, worchestershire sauce, thyme, salt, pepper, onions, garlic, sometimes green pepper and parmesan cheese. I like to put more ketchup on after it's cooked (on my plate) cause I don't like crusty ketchup. I also form mine into a round loaf, as opposed to rectangular, and cook it in a round casserole dish. My mom always did it that way, so to me that's how meatloaf should be done. :grin I love meatloaf! :tu

Garnet
10-21-2006, 06:17 PM
I don't put the ketchup/barbecue mix on till after its done. And then I put cheese on top of it and pop it back in the oven until the cheese is melted.