PDA

View Full Version : Pourable apple pie? Help me find the recipe!

Quiteria
10-13-2006, 10:14 AM
Ok, a looong time ago, when I was a child, my mom learned how to make this awesome, quick apple pie from a nutritionist...I think it was someone from WIC or University Coorperative Extension, or something like that--free to the community. It was in AZ.

Anyway, the recipe was to put apples into the pie pan, then mix up a batter and pour it on top, kinda drizzle it everywhere. It was a thin batter, like pancake mix, and it baked into something crunchy, kind of more like animal crackers than cobbler. And it was very, very simple, like flour/water/sugar. :shrug

I think it was called Swedish Apple Pie, but all the recipies I can find online have more of a cake-like batter. I don't want apple cake or apple cobbler. I want apple pie. And that old recipe, was crunchy enough that it did pass as pie.

So, any ideas? Anyone heard of this? I saw another recipe for something called Swiss Apple Pie, but still not the one I had. :scratch Help?

Six Little Feet
10-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Try googling Impossible Apple Pie......

Quiteria
10-14-2006, 08:47 PM
:think Close, but I think Bisquick will still be cakey. I just talked to mom, and she thinks it called for flour, sugar, egg, and milk. No recollection of amounts or if that was all.

Sigh...googling impossible apple pie did get me to cooks.com, where I browsed through 4 pages of it, and the first several pages (of 12) on Swedish apple pie. I think I'm gonna be making a lot of test-batches. :giggle