PDA

View Full Version : Apples good recipes please

Garnet
10-09-2006, 06:44 AM
????? Any really good apple recipes?

hbmamma
10-09-2006, 08:21 AM
I really like this one - it's a pleaser everytime! :tu

Apple Batter Cake (kinda like an upside down cake)

5-6 medium size tart apples, pealed, sliced (or diced - I like them this way)
1 Tbs cinnamon
1 cup plus 1 Tbs sugar
1 cup flour
12 Tbs butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted and cooled to room temp
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cup walnut coarsely chopped

Grease well a 9" cake pan. Preheat oven to 350F
Toss apples in the cinnamon and 1 Tbs sugar and arrange in pan to make an even layer.
Mix together the remaining sugar and flour, adding the egg and butter till no remaining flour is visible. Stir in walnuts. Pour over fruit. (It is thick, and you may want to use your hands or rubber spatula to get it evenly spread around).
Place in oven and bake for 40-45 minuets or until top is golden brown and apples are starting to bubble up. :yum
Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes, then run a knife around the edge and place a serving plate on top and flip out (you may need to tap the bottom of the pan to get it all out - few lone apples may remain - but those are for the chef ;) )
Best if served warm with vanilla ice cream. :yum :yum :yum :yum :yum

Mothering by Heart
10-09-2006, 08:36 AM
:popcorn

We just went and picked hundreds of apples(for free!!) so I need recipes, too.
So far I have only made apple pie.

Mama Calidad
10-09-2006, 08:45 AM
Baked apple french toast

Cube several slices of bread. Immerse in batter of egg, milk, cinnamon and vanilla. (Just like normal french toast, but cubed bread instead of whole slices.) While that's soaking:

Dice up apples and place on the bottom of a greased baking dish. Top with brown sugar, cinnamon and pats of butter. Throw the bread goop on top and bake.

:yum

mamaKristin
10-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Laura's baked apple french toast :rockon

I love baked apples - just core apples, put a little butter inside, and some brown sugar and cinnamon. put a touch of water in the pan, and bake for 35-45 minutes at 325. With vanilla ice cream... :yum

I put apples in lots of things. In oatmeal for breakfast, in grilled cheese for lunch. Oh, I love apple and cheese quesidillas with some honey spread on the tortilla shells, and vanilla yogurt for dip.

Mother of Sons
10-09-2006, 08:56 AM
I also have an apple french toast recipe. I call it caramel apple french toast casserole. I made it up as I do most of my recipes.

Basically you make french toast with bread like you normally would, an even number of slices. You spread half the slices thickly with brown sugar swirl cream cheese, then top with the other slice. You can use a scissors to cut into bite size pieces or leave them whole. place in a cake pan.

Dice apples and sautee in pan with butter nad brown sugar until almost soft. Add to pan.

In a sauce pan you make caramel sauce. I don't have the recipe off the top of my head but you pour that over everything else and then put in the oven just to heat.

Tastes like a cross between a caramel apple and a cinnabon.

Garnet
10-09-2006, 02:24 PM
I did apple pancakes this morning they were good. Does anybody have an apple fritter recipe?

4LovesMom
10-11-2006, 12:59 PM
OH MY GOSH!!! No one posted an apple crisp recipe yet? How can that be?
We live in apple orchard country, so I've tried numerous apple crisp recipes and this is the best, best, best!

6 lg. or 8 sm. apples, cored, peeled, & sliced
2/3 cup flour
2/3 cup oats
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup maple syrup (I use the pure Canadian from Trader Joe's)
1 large egg
1/4 cup melted butter

mix flour, oats, and all remaining ingredients and pour over apples in 2 - 2 1/2 qt. dish
bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour

best served with vanilla ice cream!!!

:applecrisp :applecrisp :applecrisp :applecrisp :applecrisp :applecrisp :applecrisp :applecrisp :applecrisp :applecrisp :applecrisp :applecrisp

PurpleButterfly
10-11-2006, 01:19 PM
This is one of the best things you'll ever taste in your life! :yes :yum I make it for special occasions and it was always a best-seller in my mom's restaurant. :tu

BAVARIAN APPLE CREAM CHEESE TORTE

CRUST:

1 stick butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1 c. flour
1 tsp. vanilla

TOPPING:

2 lg. apples, peeled and sliced
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup almond slices (optional)

FILLING:

2 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

In bowl, toss apples with sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
Mix ingredients for crust and press in a med (about 8" or so) springform pan; press dough onto bottom and up onto sides.
Using beaters, mix cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla and spoon into crust.
Cover filling with apple mixture and top w/almonds (if desired). Place apples in pretty spiral design or whatever looks appealing to you.
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until tester is clean. Cover edges of crust w/tin foil if needed (if they brown before center is cooked). Cool in pan, cover w/foil and chill in fridge for at least several hours A(may be made a day or so ahead of time). Run a butter knife along edge of springform before genly opening and serving. Do not remove base from bottom of torte until last slice is removed. (I usually put the whole thing on a serving platter/plate lined w/a paper doily). Very pretty when sprinkled w/a dusting of powdered sugar just before serving.

mamaKristin
10-11-2006, 01:29 PM
That last recipe is fantastic with pears too. :tu :yum

Mama Calidad
10-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Oh man, that sounds good!!! :yum

Garnet
10-11-2006, 02:09 PM
mmmmm................I have a recipe for pumpkin empanadas I'm trying to covert over for apples.....