PDA

View Full Version : Can I Roast Potatoes in a Crock Pot?

RealLifeMama
09-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Monday night has to be crock pot night.
I am doing a chicken dish in my big crock pot, but I also have a smaller one that I can do a side dish in.
The chicken I am serving (from a menu mailer) says to serve with roasted potatoes.
Has anyone ever tried making them in a crock pot?
Think it would work?
ETA: I know I could do liek scalloped or something but we had mac and cheese tonight and I just want to have potatoes, plain roasted ones. The potatoes we have are small, new potato size, but they are yellow ones.
THanks!

Six Little Feet
09-24-2006, 06:34 PM
:popcorn

Teribear
09-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Crock Pot Baked Potatoes

Prick clean potatoes with fork. Wrap them in foil. Fill Crock-Pot with 6 to 12 potatoes. Cover. Go away. Cook on Low 8 to 10 hours (High: 2 1/2 to 4 hours]. Come back. Don't add water!

*Disclaimer* I have never actually TRIED this method, I just knew I'd seen it in my crockpot cookbook at one time. Let me know if it works.

Mothering by Heart
09-24-2006, 07:21 PM
I don't use foil. Just throw them in. :)

milkmommy
09-24-2006, 07:24 PM
this is a favorite dinner here just toss on some washed and pierced potatos let cook put out some butter sour cream broccoli cheese left over meats whatever etc for toppings and let everyone create their own. :yum

Deanna

RealLifeMama
09-25-2006, 07:10 AM
I am not making jacket potatoes/baked potatoes, just going to try to make them like I would regularly for oven roasted potatoes-, toss with olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper, and just dump them in the slow cooker.
I will let you all know how they come out.
:shrug
If they don't cook, I will just make rice!

ShangriLewis
09-26-2006, 12:43 PM
I want to know how they turned out. We love potatoes, but they are such a pain to make. I don't always have time to cook them.

RealLifeMama
09-26-2006, 12:49 PM
The potatoes came out just fine.
They were not crisp like oven roasted potatoes usually are, but they were tasty.
It took a lot less time for them to cook than I had anticipated.
Again, they were small, like inch and a half or so, new potato sized.
I had them in the crock pot at like 11 and they were done by 4.