PDA

View Full Version : This weeks Dinner Disaster

beccafromlalaland
09-23-2006, 06:52 PM
Wanna share your Cooking and or Dining Mistakes?

Tonight I was making roasted Veggies and Chicken with a Balsamic Vinegarette marinade. I forgot to add sweetener to the marinade. after baking for 1.5hrs I realized that as I tasted a carmelized onion and was greeted by the flavor of burnt vinegar instead of sweetness.

Chicken turned out weird, and smelled kinda funny not bad, just not right...when I looked at the package I realized that the bird had "expired" 2 days ago....Must remember to read labels. So A four lb chicken is in the trash So after picking through the baking dish for the least bitter veggies we ate potatos carrots and onions for dinner

herbalwriter
09-26-2006, 07:22 PM
Well, that makes me feel so much better - I posted a dinner disaster in another thread before I saw this one - or maybe this one came after. I am having a continual custard crisis, so that's an ongoing disaster!! :hissyfit

momaich
09-28-2006, 07:41 AM

:yum Only if we can laugh out loud at each other!

beccafromlalaland
09-28-2006, 07:48 AM

:yum Only if we can laugh out loud at each other!

Of course!!

momaich
09-28-2006, 08:25 AM
Okay, then here's one of my latest. I was going to a party and made baked brie. I decided to use a ready made pie crust instead of ready made crescent roll dough since I had some organic pie crusts in the freezer and I had bought "organic' brie as well. I did not realize I had bought gluten free pie crust! It kept falling apart as all rice flour recipe things are wont to do and well, failed miserably. I had sort of pieced together a sad sort of jigsaw puzzle of pie crust pieces around the brie and when I baked it, the pie crust didn't improve any. I thought, well, maybe it will taste good and no one will notice the poor presentation. lol No luck! Even my brother who absolutely loves brie couldn't scrape off enough crust to enjoy the cheese. I brought it home, thinking I would somehow salvage the cheese and threw it out a week or so later.