PDA

View Full Version : cell phones

ShangriLewis
09-15-2006, 08:05 AM
I've been using a tracfone because I don't use one often. I went to recharge yesterday and my dh would rather look into plans.

So, do you like your plan? how much do you pay?

We use Qwest phone service and if we get a cell through them then we get a bundle savings. I think it's only $5, though.

My family all have Verizon phones, so I guess that it's free to talk to them anytime.

We are just too busy anymore and I really need to be able to contact Evan and the school really needs to have a number in case one of the boys get sick.

Something that works well in Seattle would be a bonus, too.

Mama Calidad
09-15-2006, 09:09 AM
I have Sprint and it's a great deal for me. Including taxes and fees, it's about $50/month...and I typically talk around 1,600 minutes/month. :jawdrop Yes, apparently I do talk more than a caffinated cheerleader. :O :lol

There are two features on my plan that make it a good fit for me. One is that I have free Sprint to Sprint calling. The person that I talk to most of all is on Sprint. Then, I have a plan with unlimited free incoming minutes. I end up only using around 100 of the anytime minutes that come with the plan, so I signed up for the least available (300).

ShangriLewis
09-21-2006, 06:59 AM
We got Verizon. I can talk to some other family members for free and it seems to work well around here. It's nice to be able to talk with Evan on my breaks and check in with everyone :tu

Punkie
09-21-2006, 07:08 AM
:tu

We love Sprint too, but that's because (1) They have really good mountain coverage and (2) their internet is really cheap. DH and I both have Treo phones, and we appreciate the inexpensive internet on Sprint. Sprint also has the latest version of the Treo out where Verizon is still on the last model, I do believe... They were as of a month ago when my parents bought their Treos ;)

Oh, and if you decide you want a Treo and Sprint, we ordered ours through a website where we only paid $100 for the phone :jawdrop My parents, even with all of their special discounts, paid $350 for the OLDER model, so...