PDA

View Full Version : falafel waffles

lavendermama
09-13-2006, 07:12 PM
Wow, I can't believe this, it took a three year old to think of it. She asked what was for dinner and I said chicken soup and falafel. She said, "yum! waffles." I said, "no, falafel." And then I thought why not, that would be easier than making patties and frying them. So I mixed a little organic canola oil into the falafel box mix and then a little chicken broth until it seemed the right batter consistentcy. It made 8 waffles. They would probably be great with cucumber salad, but Selah was still on the waffle mode of thinking and she wanted maple syrup. At first I resisted :think and then gave into a drizzle of real maple syrup. She attacked that waffle and I was so proud that I had sneaked garbanzo bean protein and fiber into her. And I thought I had reached a new height of waffle iron ectasy when I started making grilled cheese sandwiches in it, but now I feel emboldened, there's no knowing what I might make into a waffle now!

ArmsOfLove
09-13-2006, 07:16 PM
wow--that actually sounds yummy ;grin

RealLifeMama
09-13-2006, 07:20 PM
Well, that sounds really convenient, and the waffle shaped ones sure would fit better in a pita sandwich than the little balls!
I have 11 boxes of falafel in my pantry right now, too bad I got rid of our standard waffle iron. We hadn't used it in years and only use our belgian waffle maker. I can't imagine using it for falafel, LOL.
Oh well!
Thanks for sharing!