PDA

View Full Version : what do you use for a compost pail?

godsgracegiven
09-12-2006, 11:16 PM
I need ideas for a compost pail. I am hoping for something I can use inside. I don't want to get knats so a lid would be a must. Also, how often do you empty your pail in to your compost bin? Thank you.

canadiyank
09-12-2006, 11:25 PM
We have a special compost pail my dad bought me, lol. It is stainless steel and has a lid and a handle. Looks great, so we can keep it on the counter. I empty it when it's full or starts to stink :giggle usually every few days.

granolamommy
09-12-2006, 11:34 PM
We use one of those one gallon buckets that you buy ice cream in. They have a lid and a handle. And we toss everything in the outside compost pile about every 3-4 days. The nice thing about using these is that if the container gets too yucky I just replace it. Of course, we have to eat all the ice cream out of a new one gallon container first. :mrgreen

godsgracegiven
09-13-2006, 12:04 AM
We have a special compost pail my dad bought me, lol. Do you know where he got it?

We use one of those one gallon buckets that you buy ice cream in. :giggle Now, that is an awesome reason to but ice cream. :lol

doubleblessings
09-13-2006, 05:24 AM
We haven't been composting since the babies were born - we should get back into it, but we used the ice cream containers also and kept it under the sink, but I might look for something pretty now. That way I would see it and not forget and not have to unlock the cabinet to get to it.

canadiyank
09-13-2006, 09:32 AM
We have a special compost pail my dad bought me, lol. Do you know where he got it?

No, but I can ask - I know it wasn't cheap. :/ Like maybe $45? :eek