PDA

View Full Version : I GOT IT!! re:DF mashed potatos

BeckaBlue
09-12-2006, 05:19 PM
I've made them quite a few times, we use rice milk and blue bonnet, they always tasted kinda bland, not *bad* just bland...not like cdairy mp taste...so i aded the tiniest it of garlic powder (which my dh didn't even know was garlic!) and they taste perfect! i wanted to add a tiny bit of onion powder, but i was out, i might next time...

Sara
09-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Chicken broth instead of the milk makes really tasty DF mashed potatoes as well! It seems to have a little more flavor than the milk. :-)

JJsMom
09-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Those are great suggestions! I've been using my Kitchenaid to mix them according to the recipe that came with it and they have been good, but I think I'll try one or both of those to step things up. I use rice milk and EB now.
Blue Bonnet doesn't have dairy in it? I thought almost all the mainstream ones did.

BeckaBlue
09-12-2006, 05:36 PM
:doh when i started buying BB they didn't have milk listed, i haven't checked since :blush but the tub i have here lists it on there :( good thing nik doesn't like them i suppose :/
I only use fresh potatos..it's easier for me to get the consitency right with the amt of butter/milk for the taste than when i tried the flakes