PDA

View Full Version : Homemade BBQ sauce recipe?? (an easy one)

Sara
09-11-2006, 06:48 AM
I need an easy homemade BBQ sauce recipe. I don't have any here, but I want to make BBQ chicken pizza and I'm not planning to go to the store. I'd do the Coke and ketchup kind, but I don't have any Coke. Any other simple, tasty recipes?

MamaJayne
09-11-2006, 07:08 AM
tomato sauce, brown sugar, a splash of white vinegar, a few drops of liquid smoke -- play around with it until it tastes right to you.

snlmama
09-11-2006, 07:17 AM
tomato sauce, brown sugar, a splash of white vinegar, a few drops of liquid smoke -- play around with it until it tastes right to you.

My dad does something similar except he also adds onion and garlic and a little tabasco. :yum

Sara
09-11-2006, 07:19 AM
Is there something you could use besides liquid smoke or tabasco? I don't have either of those on hand!

Punkie
09-11-2006, 07:20 AM
My mom did ketchup, a little bit of mustard, and brown sugar :)

Mama Calidad
09-11-2006, 07:24 AM
Ketchup, brown sugar, beer and liquid smoke. A dash of garlic powder and onion powder are good if they're on hand.

snlmama
09-11-2006, 07:30 AM
I think it'd be fine w/o the liquid smoke and tabasco, just not as smoky or spicy. Beer would be good. I wonder if balsamic vinegar would spice it up a bit. :think

Sara
09-11-2006, 07:34 AM
I do have some balsamic vinegar. Dd is allergic to barley, wheat, oats, so beer wouldn't work. But wait... She'll just be eating "normal" pizza with tomato sauce and cheese. But I don't know if we have beer. :-)

Maybe I could add some cayenne to spice it up? I really like spicy BBQ sauce. Or maybe I'll just run to the store and spend the $.99 for a bottle. :phew

snlmama
09-11-2006, 07:36 AM
Maybe I could add some cayenne to spice it up? I really like spicy BBQ sauce. Or maybe I'll just run to the store and spend the $.99 for a bottle. :phew

Cayenne should work. I use it instead of tabasco and vice versa all the time if I run out. :grin

boonpnutsmom
09-11-2006, 09:40 AM
Pineapple Juice, ketchup, brown sugar is a very easy one.