PDA

View Full Version : milk tasting off

Naked Camper
09-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Why is it that the past few jugs of milk I've bought taste like Mozerella cheese? I LOVE milk, and these jugs of milk just taste wrong - they taste like cheese. Is that a sign of milk starting to sour? Even when I add chocolate to it, it tastes like cheese :giggle

hiddenhippie6
09-08-2006, 01:57 PM
Sometimes we would get milk and it would taste like the plastic container. Maybe it picked up a taste from somewhere. :shrug

SouthPaw
09-08-2006, 02:23 PM
i dunno, but i'm weird about milk. the ONLY milk i like the taste of is Borden. i don't know why. everything else tastes funny or "off" to me. :shrug

Naked Camper
09-08-2006, 02:28 PM
This has been two different types of milk - two different companies. Usually I don't mind milk in a plastic container...but out of a jar..mmmmmm.... :P~

2sunshines
09-08-2006, 02:33 PM
I used to be a huge milk fan. Then there came a point when all the milk was tasting off to me too. It just had this taste to it. Not sure what it is. It was solved when we switched to organic milk. :shrug

Naked Camper
09-08-2006, 02:56 PM
maybe that's the problem. we were buying organic milk in a bottle for quite some time...then money became tight and well, it saved $4 to buy regular milk....maybe I just don't like the regular milk :shrug :scratch

SouthPaw
09-08-2006, 03:06 PM
someday i want to try it straight from a cow to see what i am really missing out on...

ok not STRAIGHT from the cow. but you know, from a bucket. from a cow. yup.