PDA

View Full Version : mole blues :-(

godsgracegiven
09-02-2006, 11:47 PM
Any natural ideas on getting rid of a mole? Last week dh and I am I laid new grass seed and this week we have been invaded by a mole. :doh We went to get some sort of mole deterrent today and all we seen was poison. :( I don't want to kill it. I just want it to go away. I have seen a mole before and they are too cute. I just don't have the heart to kill it. Any ideas?

canadiyank
09-03-2006, 01:11 AM
Never used it, but here (http://www.gardensalive.com/product.asp?pn=8849&ss=moles) is a product from a reputable company. I caught my cat playing with one, once, it was so sad b/c they are blind and kept trying to run away and he would just bat at it. :(

godsgracegiven
09-09-2006, 10:28 AM
Thank you, dh and I have tried a few things and a this morning dh and I woke up to the neighbors cat watching the mole push up even more mounds. :banghead I am going to try this. The only thing that doesn't make sense is the mole only likes the part of the yard that we re-seeded. Very frustrating. It's not like we can afford to do it again. :neutral :/ The biggest thing I am concerned about now it one of my kids tripping in one of the holes. :shifty

herbalwriter
09-25-2006, 02:02 PM
The most natural form of pest control of that nature is a cat! Although your neighbor's cat sounds pretty useless in that area... :giggle My cats - well, one of my cats - erradicated the troublesome mole population that we had when we first moved to this house. Then moles won't come back where there are cats. But you may find that morbid... :hiding

allisonintx
09-25-2006, 02:13 PM
My grandfather would trap the mole, bash it over the head with a coke bottle, push it back down the hole and cover it over. The scent from the dead mole would cause the others to stay away.

I know you don't want to kill them/it, but....

http://molepro.com/info/damage.htm this is an faq about all the kinds of damage that can occur to your property and person because of these little critters.

godsgracegiven
09-25-2006, 04:54 PM
we ended up using gas. :blush I am still not sure if he is gone. Not only property damage but I so worried the kids will trip in one of the many holes he dug. :td