PDA

View Full Version : When your is nearly empty & you're desperate for lunch---

4LovesMom
08-31-2006, 12:08 PM
---maybe you should try this from my old 3-Ingredient Cookbook. Try not to laugh at me - I've had it a thousand times and I really like it, especially when I'm out of almost everything.

You mix 3 eggs with a can of Chicken Noodle Soup (drained!) and scramble the whole mess. Perhaps if I'm trying to win you over to my goofy recipe, I should not refer to it as a "mess", but there it is.

We are OUT of food and the grocery money doesn't roll in again for a couple more days. So we had scrambled eggs for lunch - the second scrambled egg meal in the past two days. Just before I finished it, I remembered that recipe and threw in a can of soup. It didn't turn out as good as when you start them off together, but still yummy. Possibly I'm just desperate for a little variety. We still had tortillas languishing in the , so I put my serving on a tortilla. A sodium-and-cholesterol wrap!!! :yum

Anyone ever had this?

Would you even try it?

Mama Calidad
08-31-2006, 12:14 PM
Teri, I've always enjoyed reading your posts, but that one just made me ill. :sick Chicken noodle soup n' eggs...nope, we won't be trying out that recipe...and I think baby just decided that he/she will no longer eat eggs, either. And that's been my standby for breakfast...there's not much this kid will let me eat. (I hate, hate chicken noodle soup, so that's not likely to be eaten either.)

:hug :heart :hug

BeckaBlue
08-31-2006, 04:07 PM
interesting...kenzie might love that, lol!

our favorite '3 ingredient meal' was a tortilla, a slice of cheese and astrip of mustard heated up and viola
that's out now of course, but they were good

Dana Joy
08-31-2006, 04:28 PM
mmmm- yummy i love both those ingrediants and may be trying this soon. TASTY!!!
My fav- we are poor and there's no food in the house throw together recipe is what we are having tonight- bean and cheese burritos- of course this gringa opens a can of beans, heats it up, throws some cheese in it and slap it on a tortilla. MMMM if we are what we eat I'm cheap, fast and easy!

Heather Micaela
08-31-2006, 04:31 PM
hmmm :think
funny thing - but eggs and noodle soup are about all we have left in the house too.

GotMyHeartFull
08-31-2006, 04:33 PM
hmm I am curious now to see what it tastes like

Garnet
08-31-2006, 04:48 PM
not me. :shifty

4LovesMom
08-31-2006, 08:15 PM
Teri, I've always enjoyed reading your posts, but that one just made me ill. :sick Chicken noodle soup n' eggs...nope, we won't be trying out that recipe...and I think baby just decided that he/she will no longer eat eggs, either. And that's been my standby for breakfast...there's not much this kid will let me eat. (I hate, hate chicken noodle soup, so that's not likely to be eaten either.)

For whatever reason, the timing of my reading it or something --- I read your reply and totally laughed out loud! Enough that ds and dd came zooming over to ask what was so funny. I told them I wrote about our lunch and a woman replied that it made her ill. I can't imagine that they really "got it" but they cracked up and later at bedtime ds giggled and said something about "the e-mail from the lady who got ill". Anyway... :laughtears
Still standing by my recommendation for those who can stomach the ingredients. :giggle I'll spare the possible recipes that might come out of the other random ingredients remaining in my .
If anyone tries it - be sure to post your review!!! :giggle

mom2threePKs
08-31-2006, 08:18 PM
I'll totallly try it! i like all the stuff in it and I can see how it would be good!

However, if we ever get to hang out again don't take that as an indicator of what I'd like for lunch! :giggle

magan

mamaKristin
08-31-2006, 08:19 PM
I can't imagine combining these things together...then again, I only cook eggs, I DON'T eat them. Just not an egg fan. I'm really fun to take out for breakfast "hey, can I get the 2 egg breakfast, but without the eggs?" :shifty

Aisling
08-31-2006, 08:30 PM
I might be brave enough to try it, if eating only noodle soup with dd #1 for the first three months of pregnancy hadn't put me off it forever :lol Very..interesting combo.

I've cooked weirder. Ask my dh about my chilled avocado soup with tortilla strips sometime :giggle

MamatoBiz
08-31-2006, 09:38 PM
if we are what we eat I'm cheap, fast and easy!

:spit :laughtears :roll That statement is SO a keeper!

I can't help it, I really want to be open-minded, but I just go :crazy2 at the thought of eggs and noodle soup :shifty

holmgirl
08-31-2006, 09:51 PM
Well, it definatley isn't Kosher (but I'm not either)! :giggle I'll give it a try, my DH will eat anything!!