PDA

View Full Version : cupboard door brainstorm

The Tickle Momster
08-28-2006, 09:25 PM
I had an idea the other day to turn my kitchen cupboard doors into those bulletin boards with the ribbon that you slide pics or notes into. Do you think this would be feasible? Does anyone have any ideas of how I would go about doing it? DH says I can give it a shot, even if he can't picture it. :tu I'm wondering what kind of fabric, ribbon, stuffing, etc. Any concerns? Thanks for any ideas.

monkeylicious
08-29-2006, 06:48 AM
you may want to think carefully about fabric... it will absorb odors/grease... just a thought.

snlmama
08-29-2006, 06:57 AM
I agree. I wouldn't want fabric on my cupboards. But, I think you could modify it and put something over the wood. I've made one before using a large board. I covered it w/ fabric (you could skip this step) and just put the ribbons (maybe use something plasticy so it's easy to clean if nec) over it crisscrossed on one another and tacked down in the middle parts w/ some pretty buttons. It was fairly easy to make. :)

The Tickle Momster
08-29-2006, 10:41 AM
I agree. I wouldn't want fabric on my cupboards. But, I think you could modify it and put something over the wood. I've made one before using a large board. I covered it w/ fabric (you could skip this step) and just put the ribbons (maybe use something plasticy so it's easy to clean if nec) over it crisscrossed on one another and tacked down in the middle parts w/ some pretty buttons. It was fairly easy to make. :)

I wonder if oil cloth or vinyl tablecloth would work in that case?

monkeylicious
08-29-2006, 11:06 AM
i was thinking oil cloth and it just would not come to me! :doh