PDA

View Full Version : mounting bottle caps

domesticzookeeper
08-23-2006, 12:36 PM
I have a bunch of soda bottle caps that I brought back from Ethiopia last year, and I've been meaning to display them. My plan is to arrange them into a cross :heart on piece of cardboard or painted wood and hang it on my wall.

My question: how do I get them to stick? What kind of glue or adhesive would I use, keeping in mind that the edges are quite thin, and I'd hate to have dried glue globbing out around them :think

Mama Calidad
08-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Would some of that thick double sided tape be thick enough to stick to the cardboard and the center of the bottle cap? Or some type of clay (maybe with a dab of glue on each side?) to make a raised spot under the bottle cap to glue in the center, instead of around the edge? :think

domesticzookeeper
08-24-2006, 12:28 PM
Or some type of clay (maybe with a dab of glue on each side?) to make a raised spot under the bottle cap to glue in the center, instead of around the edge? :think

That could work...I'll have to check it out :tu

Rabbit
09-01-2006, 12:48 AM
You could fill the inside with a hefty glob of low temp hot glue. With just the right amount, it shouldn't ooze out where it would be visible. If you did get too much, you can peel it off.

-Natalie