PDA

View Full Version : Quick, what can i make with some leftover chicken?

SouthPaw
08-20-2006, 04:12 PM
i have some leftover chicken w/ bell peppers and onions from chicken fajitas... but i am out of tortillas. What else can i do?

have thought of a pot pie or dumplings... any other ideas?

thanks, i just have a minute to come up with something before DH gets out of the shower and says, "when will dinner be ready!" :grin

Amber
08-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Stir fry?

Garnet
08-20-2006, 04:31 PM
chicken alfredo?

Alfredo sauce

1 stick of butter or equivalent in margarine or olive oil
dash garlic salt or one chopped clove
dash pepper
1 cup milk
1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
flour

I melt the butter, margarine or oil in a pan. I add the garlic and saute if needed. Then I add the parmesan and stir quick I add the milk. turn down the heat. then if the sauce is too thick or runny I add more milk or parmesean. If it looks greasy I add a spoon full of flour to absorb the grease. stir well.

emmalouise
08-20-2006, 04:43 PM
They sound like pizza toppings to me. Or ingredients for a pasta sauce. :yum

SouthPaw
08-20-2006, 04:53 PM
actually we are out of almost everything :O no milk... i cant eat tomato sauce anymore... and DH firmly rejects anything vaguely oriental

i think i will try to invent a thingy. a casserole. i have rice, salsa, chicken. cheese. refried beans. i'll go throw it all in a dish and name it something, so that DH won't know.... :shifty

emmalouise
08-20-2006, 05:15 PM
i think i will try to invent a thingy. a casserole. i have rice, salsa, chicken. cheese. refried beans. i'll go throw it all in a dish and name it something, so that DH won't know.... :shifty

Sounds like hot dish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_dish) to me!! :grin

DebraBaker
08-20-2006, 05:17 PM
I'm thinking stir fry with other veggies you might have on hand (thin sliced carrots, peas, mushrooms, onions, brocolli. Anything.

Amber
08-21-2006, 12:00 PM

Sounds like hot dish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_dish) to me!! :grin

Hot dish :giggle I haven't heard that since I lived in North Dakota :scarf

Iansmama
08-21-2006, 12:06 PM
So what did you make? :popcorn

SouthPaw
08-21-2006, 01:09 PM
apparently, hot dish :mrgreen

layer of rice
layer of the leftover fajita chicken
layer of 1 can cream of mushroom soup, mixed with 1/4 cup of hot salsa
layer of cheddar cheese

and i baked it until the cheese was yummy and melty and stuff.

:yum

emmalouise
08-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Mmmmmm hot dish!! :yum