PDA

View Full Version : salmon recipes?

klpmommy
08-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Dh just came back from a fishing trip with enough salmon to make 8 meals. I would love some suggestions for ways to cook it! Thanks!

DogwoodMama
08-20-2006, 03:58 PM
Is it in fillets? One of my fav recipes is to pan cook it in a little bit of oil (2-4 min on both sides I think), and then make a sauce for it with a couple of tbs of orange juice, soy sauce, and about a tsp of sesame oil... remove salmon and deglaze the pan with the sauce ingredients, reduce for a minute or so.

Garnet
08-20-2006, 04:33 PM
mmmm...............I like to sautee them in a pan with a little oilve oil. Then I mix a few pats of butter and oilve oil and dill weed together and pour it over the top. You can add lemon or lime to the butter mix too. mmmmmm

If I have leftovers I grind it up and make salmon patties with leftover mashed potatoes, and egg.

Mamaka
08-20-2006, 04:42 PM
Probably one of the easiest & best recipes we've come across is to put several pats of butter across the top (filet works best but steak is ok too) and then sprinkle w/a seasoning salt (like Lowry's or something). Cook until flakey in oven or on a grill. :yum

emmalouise
08-20-2006, 04:47 PM
I brush steaks or fillets with a little oil and sprinkle sea salt and fresh ground pepper over the top, then grill or oven bake on a rack. Yummo.

Sushi!! Salmon is so yummy I never like to do much to it, just grill or eat raw with steamed veggies. I'm a little jealous you have so much of it!!

cheri
08-20-2006, 04:59 PM
my dad puts raspberry vinegarette marinade on it and bakes it. it's quite yummy!

The Tickle Momster
08-20-2006, 06:19 PM
grill it, at the last minute, if you like, add some teriyaki sauce.

or, bake it with lemon slices, fresh taragon & some apple cider.

I like it grilled plain too.

RealLifeMama
08-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Our favorite is Salmon with Mango Mustard and Black Beans.
The actual salmon prep is just salt and pepper.
Here are the ingredients:

1 Alaska salmon fillet (1 to 1-1/2 lb.) thawed if necessary
Beans
1 can (15 oz.) black beans undrained
1/2 cup Chopped red or green bell pepper
2 tsp Instant minced onion
2 tsp Ground cumin
1 tsp Coriander
1 tsp Chili powder
1/4 tsp Garlic powder
1/4 tsp Salt
Mango Mustard Sauce
1 cup Sliced mango
1 1/2 tbsp Cider vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp Dijon-style mustard
1/8 tsp Garlic powder
Dash salt and pepper

For the Salmon:
Sprinkle salt and pepper on salmon. Bake at 425 F for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.

Beans: Drain beans, reserving 1/3 cup liquid. In small saucepan combine beans, reserved liquid, bell pepper, onion, cumin, coriander, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt. Cook over low heat 5 minutes.

Mango Mustard : Combine mango, mustard, cider vinegar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in food processor or blender; puree until smooth
Microwave for 1-2 minutes until warm.
Recipe by the Honorable Tony Knowles, Governor of Alaska
Courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute

The Tickle Momster
09-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the recipe AandNsmom. We made it tonight. Yummy! I have a lot of the mango mustard left. Thinking of freezing it for next time unless you have a suggestion for other uses. My 16.5 month dd scarfed the black beans, but then she eats them like candy when they are plain! Thanks again for sharing!

arwen_tiw
09-11-2006, 07:26 AM
I put individual fillets or steaks into a square of foil (shiny side up) and pile thinly sliced onion on top, a teeny sprinkle of flaked or chopped chilli, a drizzle of olive oil, another drizzle of lemon juice, and some chopped chives.

Scrunch the top of the parcel and put in the oven for about ten minutes on high.

Good with boiled potatoes and peas. :-)