PDA

View Full Version : very annoyed

Lavender Lily
08-17-2006, 09:33 AM
My dh and I are very annoyed right now.
We have a small yard,
We have a small dog which we clean up after every morning.
Now we seem to be infested with flies in our back yard. I hate this b/c when my ds wants to go out to play, he gets freaked out by these dumb flies that land on him or fly around him. We have to quickly open and close our screen down to provent them from coming in.

There really isn't any reason for them to be here, we don't have our trash outside at all, so what are they doing here?
What can I do to get rid of them??

Mother of Sons
08-17-2006, 09:37 AM
I think flies are a fact of life in the summer no matter what.

A few years ago I got a fly trap at the pet store. It was a plastic jar with a lid and you put some solution in there. It attracted the flies and they were able to get in the jar but not back out. It worked great. I think it cost 5 or 10 dollars and it was worth it.

Lady TS
08-17-2006, 09:54 AM
The flies are always bad here this time of year(late summer/early fall). I think it's just when they are most prominent.

I have read, but have yet to try, filling Ziplock bags full of water and hanging them around from the ceilings and near doorways. Outdoor restaurants do this, apparently, to keep the flies at bay.

I have two nasty fly tapes hanging in the kitchen. :sick

Rabbit
09-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Finally I understand why my neighbors have a ziploc bag filled with water nailed to their door. I had no clue, and I still don't know how this could possibly keep flies away.

-Natalie