PDA

View Full Version : Can I just "pina colada" my pancakes?

4LovesMom
08-16-2006, 05:21 PM
I have coconut and pineapple on hand, and we're having pancakes and eggs for dinner some night this week. Can I just add them to my batter? Will they be sweet enough? What else enhances that flavor? Any extract or anything? Help!

Singingmom
08-16-2006, 05:33 PM
Do it! That sounds good. You could add maybe 1/2 c of pineapple juice instead of part of the milk.

MarynMunchkins
08-16-2006, 05:35 PM
You could add some rum. ;)

:lol Sorry...:giggle

Actually, a tsp. of rum would probably be really good in those. :yum

4LovesMom
08-16-2006, 05:57 PM
Do it! That sounds good. You could add maybe 1/2 c of pineapple juice instead of part of the milk.

I'll try it! That's kind of what I was wondering... what to add along with the pineapple and coconut, and what to reduce.

You could add some rum. ;)

:lol Sorry...:giggle

Actually, a tsp. of rum would probably be really good in those. :yum

Tempting! I bet they'd be really good! I'm not sure my kids would like that flavor, but what a gourmet idea! I'm already anticipating some negative response to the coconut --- "what's this hairy stuff?" :rolleyes

I'll let you know what I try! Thanks!

Six Little Feet
08-16-2006, 06:53 PM
I made Pina Colada sundaes....yummy

I toasted the cocnut.
I put "fried" the pineaple in butter and brown sugar to make a caramel sauce.
I let it cool a bit.
Then put the sauce the pineaple and a bit on rum (except on mine I don't like the taste) and topped with the coconut...it was YUMMY!!!!!

JJsMom
08-16-2006, 07:09 PM
I would add coconut milk instead of reg. milk, if you have any. I know that isn't normally something you'd have on hand though. I always use coconut milk in my pancakes now, we LOVE it! I started when we were gf and have made it with my reg pancakes too. :yum