PDA

View Full Version : dh wants to go mostly veg

BeckaBlue
08-11-2006, 10:40 AM
I have no idea where to start! he wants to eat less meat, before a meal was not a meal to him w/o meat.
he won't eat tomato which takes out most of what else i know to make. he also won't eat my squash/zucchini/mushrooms that i make myself.
I really dunno how to cook for him without meat being in the mix :shrug

Kyasmom
08-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Does he like beans? My dh and I decided, after he brought it up, to go mostly veg too (I was shocked at first too... sounds very similar to your dh) I just substituted beans in place of meat in dishes that would "allow" it and tried to incorporate more of those into our diet. Vegweb has a lot of good recipes and ideas too - I learned a lot from there.

ChristianMother27
08-11-2006, 10:50 AM
i've made lots of meatless meals - i was vegan for 3 years. one of our favorites was pinto beans and "fried" potatoes (they wreen't really fried, they were steamed with a bit of oil for a coating and flavoring). also you can make soups, stirfries, casseroles, etc without meat. or... you can make a really nice fancy salad with beans and veggies, and if you're eating it cheese, top it with roasted salted sunflower seeds and a nice dressing and it's a meal in itself :D

BeckaBlue
08-11-2006, 10:59 AM
I should add that we are already absolutely no dairy or egg because of ds allergies, so i guess it's mostly vegan even (though we eat honey :yum)