PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a blog?

Hopeful
08-10-2006, 07:11 AM
Where's a good place to set up a blog?

TIA :)

Close2MyHeart
08-10-2006, 07:22 AM
I like xanga :) lots of people use blogger or live journal too :)

LadybugSam
08-13-2006, 11:31 PM
a lot of mamas are on xanga, i liked it a lot when i had it. Of coarse i had it for like a week before i made a myspace, and now i blog there. I like it because i can do a neat front page to it :)

Amber
08-14-2006, 10:22 AM
I've been thinking of setting one up too. Is it free?

LadybugSam
08-14-2006, 11:02 AM
I've been thinking of setting one up too. Is it free?

yup :)

chelsea
09-06-2006, 10:18 PM
How "safe" is it...and what precautions should you take to ensure that it remains so?

mamaKristin
09-06-2006, 10:25 PM
I have a xanga blog and 2 blogger ones. My personal blogging is pretty much done on blogger, and I maintain a kids blog for our family and friends. With blogger, you can keep it 'unlisted' and not give out the address to anyone you don't want to have it. Which is what I've done, I only give the link to my blog to those who I want or have asked to see it. My extended family only has the link to my kids blog. I also use a blog tracker to see who is stopping by. You can keep it as private as you want, or not by not using identifying details too.

chelsea
09-06-2006, 10:56 PM
I have a xanga blog and 2 blogger ones. My personal blogging is pretty much done on blogger, and I maintain a kids blog for our family and friends. With blogger, you can keep it 'unlisted' and not give out the address to anyone you don't want to have it. Which is what I've done, I only give the link to my blog to those who I want or have asked to see it. My extended family only has the link to my kids blog. I also use a blog tracker to see who is stopping by. You can keep it as private as you want, or not by not using identifying details too.

If someone did a search and the words they searched for happened to be in your blog...would it bring up your page? (I'm not totally computer-wise as you can tell! :O )

mamaKristin
09-06-2006, 11:01 PM
:think good question. I just ran a google of all of our first names (which I use on our blogs) and came up empty handed....
I know that I have had a couple of strange/random hits on my xanga blog...which is why I don't link between them anymore.