PDA

View Full Version : blueberry muffin recipe needed

Havilah
08-05-2006, 05:10 PM
I lost my beloved blueberry muffin recipe and I've googled muffins like crazy to try to replicate it... to no avail :cry

I know it had yogurt, oats, wwflour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, baking powder, soda and vanilla. They were moist and sweet even though there wasn't a whole lot of sugar in them. Even the folks in my family that won't ordinarily touch wwflour thought they were yummy!

Does anyone have a similar yummy-but-not-too-unhealthy blueberry muffin recipe they can share?

Myrtle
08-07-2006, 06:46 AM
sorry I don't have a healthy recipe to share, but I'm interested in yours, so I hope someone can help! I'd love to try a wwflour recipe for blueberry muffins

heartofjoy
08-07-2006, 06:56 AM
Mine doesn't have oats in it, but you could probably adapt it pretty easily. This is from Whole Foods for the Whole Family

Basic Whole Grain Muffins

2 C. WW flour (you could substitute some oats, I sometimes substitute a little wheat germ or ground flax seed)
1 tsp. bakings soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup brown sugar or honey (I use about 1/3 cup honey or Sucanat)
1 tsp. ground cinnamin
1/8 tsp ground cloves (optional)
1 egg, beaten
1 C. buttermilk (or yogurt or rice milk or kefir - I've made it with all these)
3 T. oil

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Make well in center. Add egg, buttermilk and oil (And honey if you didn't use brown sugar) Stir until moistened. Fill greased muffin cups 1/2 full. (I fill them almost totally full.) Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.

I usually make these plain, but occasionally I put blueberries in them and they are so yummy!

One of the variations is to substitute up to 1 c. flour with oats or oat flour.

Havilah
08-07-2006, 07:13 AM
Thanks! I'll try it :yum

FourCutieBugs
08-07-2006, 08:27 AM
You should ask Wingsofdawn. She brought some amazing ones over to my house a few weeks ago, and I intend to get the recipe from her. I think they're from Moosewood.