PDA

View Full Version : I think I got this gbd thing down...today anyways

Beauty4Ashes
07-30-2006, 08:39 AM
Offer two choices, both of which are positive: To ds1 this morning...you may either wear your diaper or you can take your diaper off, but you have to sit on the potty chair if you're going to be naked.

Assume positive intent: Both of my dc wanted the use of a feather duster this morning. I really needed to dust, and I only have 2 dusters. So, I gave one to my ds and held my other ds in my arms. I positioned his hand on the feather duster and had him help me to dust. Same thing with the vacuum cleaner, I held ds2 in my arms, put his hand on the handle of the vacuum cleaner, and vacuumed with him until he got bored.

I made a little tea party for the three of us this morning. No reason, just that ds1 asked for tea. He drank from a little cup. I told him, look at you, you're drinking from a big boy cup!

Ds1 made a mess with his watermelon. He helped me to pick up the pieces of watermelon, put them into his dish, and held a sponge to clean up his high chair tray.

Ds1 went up stairs. I personally prefer to have both of my dc down stairs with me. I went up the stairs and told him that I like having him where I can see him...followed by a hug and a kiss.

KayandLydisMom
07-30-2006, 10:09 AM
:tu :clap :rockon

ArmsOfLove
07-30-2006, 10:45 AM
sounds like a fantastic morning :tu

Beauty4Ashes
07-30-2006, 10:55 AM
Let's hope I can keep this up til the afternoon! And when I started to feel frustrated, I'd tell them, I love you, I care about your well being, do not do x. It's just reminding myself that I am doing this out of love. And it helps if I am all ready off my butt. I am cleaning today and so I just involve them in what I am doing. But on days when there's no cleaning to do, I tend to sit at the computer too much. I am finding that I need to do some serious safety child proofing. My dc got a hold of some of daddy's scalpels and such. They were in a cabinet, but they just reached up and opened it. Please :pray that I can find some way to reorganize things so that my home will be safer. Thanks!

4Cygnets
07-30-2006, 11:13 AM
:clap
:hug
:tu

Radosny Matka
07-30-2006, 07:30 PM
:clap :tu