PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me about Ebay/PayPal...selling stuff?? Confused.

SouthPaw
07-22-2006, 09:54 AM
If you've sold stuff on Ebay w/ Paypal...a couple of ?s

Can you receive Ebay payments with a normal paypal account? Or do you have to upgrade to a business one? Do you have to pay them $$$? Do you have to accept credit cards? DH and I are about to sell some of his leftover Mustang parts and I'm not quite sure what the easiest payment options are. I know I shy away from sending check/money order...

any advice?

This Busy Mom
07-22-2006, 10:08 AM
Well, I say you just save the time & effort of putting them on Ebay and see if my dh could use them ;) .

SouthPaw
07-22-2006, 10:11 AM
:giggle they're for a 5.0.... ya want a parts list? :mrgreen

This Busy Mom
07-22-2006, 10:28 AM
Sure... :giggle he has two of them. A '90 and an '87 (I think).

SouthPaw
07-22-2006, 05:20 PM
I PMed you :mrgreen just a couple of things (less than I thought). Anything your DH can use?

Garnet
07-22-2006, 05:32 PM
I gave up on ebay. When I first went on I bid on a lot of dresses for dd. 2 lots. Well I won one and tried to withdraw my bid for the other an it didn't work. So that seller gave me a negative mark because I told her since I had already won a lot of dresses I didn't need hers. And apparently dh or little bro bid on something I wasn't aware of so I refused to pay it. And got another negative. So I give up.

SouthPaw
07-22-2006, 05:41 PM
yeah, you have to know how the system works :) that bid = a binding contract. hopefully i can figure out this selling thing so i dont make a beginners seller error...i am still negative free so far!

Irene
07-22-2006, 05:45 PM
yes, they have a new rule about accepting cc with paypal, which means you have to set up a business account. Most people just add the fee to the cost of their item anymore.

Yes, when you bid on something, you have to be prepared to pay for it :) and, it does say so when you are placing the bid :)