PDA

View Full Version : Organics at Wal-Mart!

Desert Rose
07-21-2006, 11:49 AM
I usually shop exclusively at Trader Joe's, Costco, and sometimes the closest commissary. However, they are sort of far from me. There's a Wal-Mart Supercenter close by, but they never had anything I needed. But I was just there and they have added TONS of organics and natural foods. I was shocked! Most of it is way cheaper than average grocers charge, but about the same or slightly higher than Trader Joe's.They had a lot of Annie's brand which I love, an extended selction of rice and soy milks, organic veggies and fruits, and a lot of stuff I have never seen before because the stores I shop at don't have as much buying power for groceries. This is super for me as now I don't have to spend $10-$20 in gas to go get groceries! :tu I can get all my organics at Wal-Mart and Costco - although I will still go to TJ's now and then as they have some stuff that I really like!

hey mommy
07-21-2006, 12:29 PM
Yep, ours is slowly getting them. The nearest WM SC is 45 min. away though. But it's nice to know that I can get organics there as well. I even bought Heinz organic ketchup! LOL.

mitfamsix
07-27-2006, 07:52 PM
:amen
I love it to!

Desert Rose
07-27-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm still so excited. :rockon I just went grocery shopping for everything on my list there. They even have rice milk in a half gallon carton, Amy's organic pizzas, an extended selection of morningstar farms veggie stuff...and more!

catholicapmom
07-28-2006, 05:08 AM
Isn't it awesome?! :rockon It's so great for a family like us who are on a limited budget/income because now I can give my family organics. We're lucky to have 2 WM SC's and a Super Target which has even MORE organics!! And all the beef that Target sells is natural, no antibiotics, etc. Didn't look at the chicken, tho. :doh And their organic milk is actually cheaper than WM's!! :jawdrop We can't get used to soy milk no matter how hard we try, so we get organic milk. LOL At least it doesn't have all the hormones and junk.

cheri
07-28-2006, 05:45 AM
must be nice...

I think our super walmart is pretty pathetic as far as organics go... one tiny produce section and a few items scattered throughout the store. and the one time i found some free range eggs there (but no organics), they had expired a week before.

catholicapmom
07-28-2006, 06:43 AM
eeewwww!! :sick Our WM used to be like that, so maybe yours will change soon!

Sara
07-28-2006, 02:36 PM
WM is doing a full-fledged organics campaign, so most stores should be changing. I know WM is controversial, but if we want organics, WM is our only option unless we want to drive 75 miles. I have found that a lot of the products are the same brands as what I would buy 75 miles away. Amy's, Muir Glen, Earthbound Farms, etc.