PDA

View Full Version : Scrapbooking question

JamesMama
07-07-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm making a scrapbook of my brothers and I for my mom and dad.

Long story short, my parents hate each other, they are divorced, so it will be a total of 5 scrapbooks, 2 for myself, 2 for my full brother and 1 for my half-brother.

Now the questions are---

1) I got a LOT of pictures from my mom (with the help of my stepdad so it's still a surprise) and a LOT of pictures from my dad (with the help of my dad's gf). I'm thinking I won't cut them at all, just maybe do some pretty design behind them with paper, and give the original back to the original owner (I'm going ot mark them on the back so I know). I'm also going to make copies of a lot of them since they each have a TON of pictures, my mom has some with my dad in them and vice versa.

Is that right? Or should I just make double copies of all the pics (which I don't know if I can afford) and give the orignals back in the boxes)

Also. Keeping in mind that my parents did NOT have an amicable divorce and have yet to speak to eachother except when forced to (My wedding, my son's birth, my son's first birthday) what do I do about the family pictures? We have 10 years worth of family pictures before their divorce. Do I leave them out? Go ahead and put them in?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense...

edited for clarity...I hope

Katydid
07-07-2006, 08:47 PM
:think I'm confused... are these for your parents, or just you and your brothers?

Aisling
07-07-2006, 08:53 PM
If I'm reading correctly...

The pictures belong to your parents, and the scrapbooks are for you and your siblings. I would ask if your parents want the photos back, and if so, copy all the photos.

Since the scrapbooks are for the children and not your parents, I'd scrap life just as it happened. There's no reason to not picture your parents together, since at the time they were together. I wouldn't try to recreate a memory just to make your parents feel comfortable; memories are just memories. It's what happened, and I see no need to apologize or change them :hug

JamesMama
07-07-2006, 09:31 PM
LOL, sorry, the scrapbooks are my parents, I'm using their pictures.

There will be a total of five scrapbooks.

Scrapbook 1- Just pictures of me (baby pictures, school pictures, birthday pictures, etc) for my mother
Scrapbook 2- Again, pictures of me for my father
Scrapbook 3- Just pictures of my middle brother for my mother
Scrapbook 4- Just pictures of my middle brother for my father
Scrapbook 5- Just pictures of my youngest brother and him with my middle brother and I for my mother (my youngest brother is only my half brother, he isn't my fathers child)

Six Little Feet
07-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Well you know your parents better than I do. BUT life is as life is. I mean if you had no photos of the intact family it would be well phony in a way. BUT if you think your folks would really dislike those pics then don't use them.

But if you got the pics from your parents and there new husband/gf then I am thinking use 'em!!!!
I was no help was I??? :/

JamesMama
07-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Thats what I was thinking...that was our life for 10 years and there are some really nice pictures of us as a family (my mom and dad bringing us home from the hospital, weddings, pregnancy photos of my mom, etc) so I want to use them...

I'll include pictures later of us with my step-dad and stuff...including pictures of my ex-stepfather and ex-stepmom (hows that for a screwed up homelife? LOL)

Katydid
07-08-2006, 07:08 AM
Well, I would definately try to record life as it was, but maybe don't include any pics that feature *just* the two of them, yk?

What a difficult situation... I can't even imagine..... :sad2

including pictures of my ex-stepfather and ex-stepmom (hows that for a screwed up homelife? LOL)

:hugheart