PDA

View Full Version : baby stuff shadowbox project

mamatogands
07-07-2006, 06:48 PM
I bought a big long shadowbox and I want to do it up with some of the kids babystuff this summer -- I am thinking the little caps they wore home from the hospital, their first shoes, one newborn pic and one first birthday pic for each kid.

anyone have other ideas? how do I make it look pretty but not too cluttered? I am not very crafty, but I figure surely I can pin some stuff in a box. :giggle

ArmsOfLove
07-07-2006, 07:00 PM
I saw a beautiful one that was put together on a show on TLC or HGTV. They used an antique cabinet and took the doors off and then did beautiful crafty labels that said what it was. There were pictures. It was really neat.

JamesMama
07-07-2006, 09:38 PM
I'm doing some of these for my DS.

One will be his 'newborn' one. It'll have a copy of his birthcertificate, the outfit he wore home, his hat, his hospital bracelet, and a picture.

One will be his 'older baby one' It will have his walking shoes (bronzed), a picture and possibly a small toy.

And the other will be his Birthday one, with his candle (yeah, I'm a dork, I saved it) His "I'm 1-year-old" shirt, the professional picture we had done and a picture of him at his party.

GL!

mamatogands
07-08-2006, 12:16 PM
ooh, those all sound beautiful. are you just pinning the stuff in any order that looks nice to you?

I actually bought this big long shadowbox to put dd's baptism dress in, but I didn't like how it looked at all (it reminded me of a coffin :cry that big long box with a pretty dress inside!)

So, I want to put in items for both kids.

JamesMama
07-08-2006, 05:19 PM
I haven't even hardly started them, but the clothes will be pinned in the middle with his cap pinned above that, the birth certificate (it's the Iowa one, I'm going to make a copy, it's about the size of a credit card) will just be glued in there to the side of the outfit with the picture below it, I'm thinking about making the outfit whole, it was a long sleeved onsie with a pair of pants, I'll tuck the onsie into the pants and hang it like it would be worn, kwim?

The older baby one will be smaller, with the shoes on the bottom, the toy glued up to the back as well as possible with a picture beside it.

I say all this and I haven't even begun to get started...lol. I'm too lazy.