PDA

View Full Version : mulch

lmgeenw
07-04-2006, 10:42 PM
What do you all use to mulch? We used grass for our garden, but I want something that looks a little nicer for our flower gardens. I know some mulch is made from treated wood and can have other bad things in it. Anyone know what to look for?

Mother of Sons
07-04-2006, 10:44 PM
I don't know anything about it but I LOVE cocoa mulch. It smells like chocolate YUM.

TheSweetLife
07-04-2006, 10:47 PM
I have used bags of the organic compost & mulch from Lowes, I can't remember the name of the brand but there were quite a few different kinds there. I know you can get it for less money from a landscaping supply place that will just dump a pile of it at your driveway to be spread around but you would probably need to ask them what is actually in the wood mulch.

canadiyank
07-05-2006, 12:13 AM
Yeah we had the dump-in-our-driveway kind. It was wayyyyyyy cheaper than buying it by the bag, and it looks really nice, I think! It is bark mulch, I don't think it's treated with anything, but I didn't think to ask. :think I've got organic compost from the company before, so I would guess it didn't have anything on it...