PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Hijack??

RealLifeMama
06-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Can someone use your cell phone number to call somewhere without having your phone?
I was going to call DH tonight and I went to "recently dialed" calls and the last number "I" called was a local restaurant (which I just found out, googling the number to see whose number it was)
I certainly did not call that number. I had my phone, although at one point my DS had my phone but I don't see how he could have dialed it just pushing buttons randomly, he would have had to input the correct area code and everything.
My phone number is from another state, but the number is local so the area codes are different, if that makes any sense.
I am really concerned!!

Soliloquy
06-30-2006, 09:19 PM
I don't know. It would be really creepy if that were possible. :/ Are you sure that number isn't in your speed dial or in your recently called numbers? Gracie has randomly opened up my recently called numbers and my phone book and called people . . .

RealLifeMama
06-30-2006, 09:22 PM
yes, i am sure.
We haven't eaten at that restaurant for 2 years at least so I wouldn't use it for call ahead seating or anything.
And it is actually a phone on my moms acct, which I am only supposed to use in dire emergencies, (or after 7 to call DH if I need to) but the call was before 7pm.

Soliloquy
06-30-2006, 09:29 PM
:scratch hmm, that is creepy.

ThirstyTurtle
07-12-2006, 10:12 AM
My "recently dialed" calls also include incoming calls that I missed. Could it have been a call from the restaurant instead of to the restaurant?