PDA

View Full Version : Tried tie-dye today -- I'm addicted

cklewis
06-30-2006, 01:41 PM
they are still curing and drying. but that was fun. i wonder how they'll look. :scratch i know we have some pros around here. :shifty so i don't know how mine'll compare. but i REALLY want to make a tie-dye sling now. and a purse. and nursing tanks.

SOMEBODY STOP ME!! :jump :rockon

c

righteous mama
06-30-2006, 02:00 PM
I'd LOVE to stop you! :giggle It is addicting...but I will say that it can get frustrating, too. And expensive! If something doesn't turn out you are stuck with a dud piece. I've been able to salvage some, but that's frustrating. And if you're not careful you can spend a ton of money on fun stuff. I have to be really, really careful 'cause I just wanna play!

Post pic's when you can!!!!!! :tu

UltraMother
06-30-2006, 02:01 PM
:tu
You know that nobody here's going to stop you. :giggle

cklewis
06-30-2006, 02:03 PM
well, i mostly used stuff around here. you know, yellowed shirts and stuff. . . . i have to go see if i have any 100% cotton fabric up there. :giggle i wish it would hurry up!!!

c

cklewis
06-30-2006, 02:03 PM
grant giggled at the idea of a tie-dyed sling. too righteous for these republicans. :laughtears

c

greenemama
06-30-2006, 02:20 PM
:rockon

i dyed every onesie we bought new before henry was born. i was cleaning out the baby clothes stash yesterday and found them all. :hearts

a sling would be cool.

canadiyank
06-30-2006, 03:54 PM
grant giggled at the idea of a tie-dyed sling. too righteous for these republicans. :laughtears

c

:laughtears :laughtears

Mother of Sons
06-30-2006, 03:55 PM
I'm going to attempt to tie dye with the kids on Monday and Thursday. I'm making a dress for that is red, white, blue tie dye (fabric came that way) so I thought it would be fun for the kids to have something tie dyed too.

cklewis
06-30-2006, 04:00 PM
red, white, and blue was another motivation. . . . . i just did another shirt for me attempting a rainbow swirl because when i pulled and old shirt out of the dryer it had a stain on it. . . . i have to stop. :no

c

CelticJourney
07-01-2006, 05:19 PM
grant giggled at the idea of a tie-dyed sling. too righteous for these republicans

See I'm fighting in another direction. My mom bought a camoflage bag for Kyle to use as a diaper bag with Matthew. She thought he would like it, which HE DOES, but I think it went straight past conservative and into either military or redneck, not sure which one (military wouldn't be bad if he we not still in DIAPERS!). Oh, well. Maybe I'll tie-dye a sling to offer my son a sense of 'balance'. :giggle

MamatoBiz
07-01-2006, 05:52 PM
We have a pretty funny mix in our house. I'm the "raised by deadhead California parents, tree-hugging veggie Christian hippie" married to a "raised by Texan hunters to be a Texan hunter, camo-wearing flag-flying 'oh those d*** hippies, they need to cut their hair" man.

I'd wear the tie-dye sling and dh would happily carry the camo diaper bag. We're a pretty odd match.

CelticJourney
07-01-2006, 07:15 PM
I'd wear the tie-dye sling and dh would happily carry the camo diaper bag. We're a pretty odd match.

:giggle That's almost us - dh is a cop and I'm an anthropologist. I'm also an Army Brat so that helps :giggle (what is really weird is that my officemate from grad school married my brother-in-law who is also a cop - so there are two sets of us in one family :rolleyes)

Anyway, so now I want to tie-dye something! I have the dye, just nothing to tie right now. Off to investigate the fabric stash.

cklewis
07-01-2006, 07:23 PM
well, the results are mixed. Some look pretty good. Others not-so-much. One tip -- do NOT use the yellow-green spectrum on the BACK of a wee one's onesie. :no Looks exactly like poo. Isaac's rainbow swirl is the best one so far. Which makes me hopeful for ours. It's not as fancy as the fancy ones i've seen.

And Marcella? You have NOTHING to worry about. Yours are TONS prettier! ;)

C

cklewis
08-03-2006, 08:12 AM
:giggle

I did a sling. It's perfect. Gavin's asleep in it right now. If I looked like a human instead of a sweaty bovine, I'd take a pic. It'll have to wait.

I did a purse too. It's still curing. Not quite as cool as the sling which is great since I really wanted the sling to be cool.

:woohoo This is my "outing" sling. IYKWIM. :grin Even Grant said this AM, "wow -- that turned out well."

And just think I used to be timid about slinging in public. . . . NO MORE!

C

blessedw/4
08-03-2006, 08:27 AM
red, white, and blue was another motivation. . . . . i just did another shirt for me attempting a rainbow swirl because when i pulled and old shirt out of the dryer it had a stain on it. . . . i have to stop. :no

c

We have joined the addiction this summer too. I started the week that our friend's 4 kids were staying with us ... plus my four ... thats 8 kids! Was I crazy? :eek Acctually they are all begging to do it again before school starts :rolleyes :yes (mine are homeschooled and theirs go to school). My 10dd and I have been doig tons of onsies, socks, and burp cloths as baby gifts (lots of babies being born this summer :-)) We are having way too much fun over here!

I'll try post a photo (its from July 19th ... on my blog)

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3349/3394/1600/July%202006%20221.0.jpg

lets try that photo again:

http://www.attachedtobaby.com/photos/blessedw4/images/17947/original.aspx

And here is a batter one of just my kids:

http://www.attachedtobaby.com/photos/blessedw4/images/17592/original.aspx

And one of Baby Zeke:

http://www.attachedtobaby.com/photos/blessedw4/images/17593/original.aspx

cklewis
08-06-2006, 11:19 AM
New pic in my blog in my siggie there. :rockon

c

DogwoodMama
08-06-2006, 12:40 PM
How do you do it? :popcorn Can someone suggest a tutorial or the like for me? :O

cklewis
08-06-2006, 12:48 PM
I bought a tie-dye kit. Made the sling in 100% cotton with cotton thread. Dyed it the way they said in the kit. :grin

C

LauraK
08-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Did you just buy your tie-de kit at Micheal's or Walmart or did you order it from Dharma or some other on-line place?

You, your baby and your sling look AWESOME!!! What a great great picture!

cklewis
08-06-2006, 12:55 PM
I bought it at walmart. :shifty

C

JessicaTX
08-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Oh how fun! My kids did that last weekend, I wish I'd have bought me a shirt, it looked fun :giggle
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/JessicaTX/2006-07-31TieDye005.jpg

cklewis
08-06-2006, 01:42 PM
ooooo -- a heart even!! :rockon

C

Naked Camper
08-06-2006, 01:57 PM
looks awesome Camille!! I keep saying I'm going to tie-die all my CPF. Maybe when the weather cools some :)