PDA

View Full Version : Blogger / Blogspot Question

Maggie
06-11-2006, 01:56 PM
Could those of you who have blogs on Blogger / Blogspot let me know if you like the service? Do you often have problems posting things or with the server being down? DH had a Blogger blog a while back and he said he was frustrated because of how often it was down. I was wondering if things were any better. I have a Xanga blog and I just signed up to LiveJournal, but I don't think I really like it. I'm thinking of going with Blogger.

TIA! :grin

LadybugSam
06-11-2006, 02:04 PM
i had liverjournal but i had problems with it, i couldn't log in sometimes for no aparant reason, i'm not sure if it was the site or my anit-virus software but i got tired of it and went to xanga. It took a while for me to get used to but i liked it.

Then my friends got me hooked on myspace and i blog there a lot. Its basically a blog with a front page that looks pretty. and you can message your friends and send them private e-mails. Also you can get pretty specific with who can and can't see your blogs. Like it can be public, friends only, your prefered list (closest friends) or it can be like a diary and be private.

Theres a myspace thread with a list of other moms on myspace in the one of the connecting forums of this site. its good when i have the right friends but say if you have your teenage second cousin on there, you might get some stupid things in yoru inbox or on your bullitin board.

mamaKristin
06-11-2006, 02:07 PM
I use blogger for my 'main' blog. I like it a lot. I think it looks nice with little effort too, which is good. It has been down a few times, but I've never had any issues with it myself. If the server is down, I find it's not for long, so that's easy to deal with. I don't know a lot about how to set up my own template and stuff, but the ones they have ready made seem to all look pretty enough for my liking!

Benjaminswife
06-11-2006, 02:39 PM
I love blogger. It is easy to use and looks very nice :) I have Xanga and Myspace too but use those for different reasons. The only thing is you can't keep it your friends only, but I don't put any "keywords" in my profile so I hope that keeps more strangers away.

Punkie
06-11-2006, 02:44 PM
If I had to pick between the two, I'd definitely take blogger. I use google's blog reader to keep up on all of my favorite blogs, and xanga blocks many of the blog readers. Because of that I can't read them :sad2

I also prefer the fact that you can customize blogger a LOT more :)

boonpnutsmom
06-11-2006, 10:42 PM
I love my blogger and I can do many things with it. I have been on it since January of this year when I got fed up with LiveJournal and have only had one down time with it so far and that was less than one day.

Maggie
06-11-2006, 11:45 PM
Thanks, all! I decided to go w/Blogger! :grin