PDA

View Full Version : New Vegetarian... saying "Hi"

Katydid
06-11-2006, 07:41 AM
I've been a vegetarian (still eating some eggs and cheese & very minimal milk) for about two weeks now. I began thinking about it after talking with a Vegan friend IRL and after another one of my friends decided to make the switch. So I read through this entire board ( :giggle ) and did a little more reading online and took the plunge! Never had a "last meal" or anything, and it's been surprisingly easily. I find that I'm really making much more healthy choices now and I've already lost two pounds! :woohoo Plus, I've felt really good, physically. :rockon
I went to the library and got out "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Being Vegetarian" ( :giggle but :tu ) and "The Vegetarian Family Cookbook" ( was referenced in this month's Mothering mag article about vegetarianism.... looks very good :tu ) and I got "The Food Revolution" by John Robbins.... wow, talk about a life-changing, super-challenging book! :tu After reading that, I know I will never eat meat again, willingly! :no2

Anyway, just thought I would say hi and I'm glad to be here to learn and grow with all of you! :)

HuggaBuggaMommy
06-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Hi!!!

Also a new vegetarian here - about a month (mostly vegan, but still eating some yogurt or cheese occasionally - oh, and ice cream :giggle). I find it's been easy, too; I've lost about 7 pounds, I'm not exhausted all the time, have energy, been in a better mood, and just feel better!

Well, it's nice to meet you. Also hope to grow and learn with everyone on this board.

peacefulveganmom
06-12-2006, 03:14 AM
:) Hi! Welcome aboard. This is such a great place to have fellowship with like-minded mamas!! Just let us know if you have any questions (or need encouragement) and I'm sure someone here will have an answer! :tu

azgirls
06-13-2006, 12:11 AM
Hello and welcome! I have only been a vegetarian for three weeks-but I LOVE it! It is definetely a life changing decision for me. I still have occasional cheese and I think there may be some egg products in some of the stuff I buy...but besides that, I am done with animal stuff. I swithced to soy milk, which was actually quite easy. I do not miss meat a t all and have only good tidings about this new lifestyle.
So glad you are here and I hope you continue to love it!! :dance