PDA

View Full Version : i just found my digital camera in the wading pool!

greenemama
06-07-2006, 01:31 PM
jude went into the sunporch and when he came out he had a truck in his hand. i was on the phone :bag and a few minutes later henry gasped and pulled out the camera.

i made the mistake of trying to turn it on (won't happen) and for now the thing and its battery and memory stick are drying on the table.

i'm so horrified! i have to have a camera! we're in the process of getting a new one for me, but this is not the way we wanted this one to go out -- we could have sold it!

:pray that it's okay, if you think of it. :cry2 dh was really calm and nice on the phone and i felt better -- i tend to freak out about stuff like this and he's much more level-headed. i just feel like a fool for not noticing that he had it in his hand.

:eek

Aisling
06-07-2006, 01:41 PM
:hugheart I'd be freaking out too :hugheart

snlmama
06-07-2006, 01:49 PM
:hug2 We once accidentally put a camera (not digital) thru the washer and it worked when it came out. :shifty :pray

cklewis
06-07-2006, 01:50 PM
i was gonna say, "don't turn it on!" :nails

c

This Busy Mom
06-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Blow drying it may get it working again... it works with cell phones :shrug

musicmama
06-09-2006, 09:28 AM
maybe it will work when it dries out!!!

:pray

cklewis
06-09-2006, 09:29 AM
how is it/you? :nails

c

greenemama
06-09-2006, 10:44 AM
i turned it on and the thing made the turning on noise (chime-ey) but i couldn't take a pic and the screen to view pics on the back was weird -- it was computer-y, wanted me to assign the date, etc., but when i was pushing the buttons to do that nothing was happening.

not looking good.

it did need to be charged so i'm charging it right now.

and i'm so sad about it! we're saving $$ for things we *have* to have so i know that i can't replace/upgrade yet. ernie is being really wonderful about i because he knows how much i use a camera in the day. he offered to let me use his (even though it was my responsibility with my camera that started the whole thing) prof. camera -- very nice. i hardly want to.

on the upside, my digital camera does take stills and my 1GB memory stick works with that camera, too, so all is not lost. maybe i'll actually take more video this way.

i'm still depressed, tho! i keep feeling like i'm going to cry about it. :sad2

ThirstyTurtle
06-09-2006, 03:07 PM
A coworker once washed her son's cellphone by accident. It did not work at all, but she found where you could put it in the oven (without the battery!) on a low temp (I think 150 or 200 degrees) for a couple hours and then let it completely cool overnight in the oven.

Maybe you could try that with a camera as a very last resort.

DeenyB
06-09-2006, 05:52 PM
I :pray that you have better luck than me.
Ds had dh's fired dept camera in his pocket, and yup...I washed it.
Still wont work to this day. Thank goodness the FD has awesome insurance on these things! :O