PDA

View Full Version : Radio talk show with Candace Cameron BURE

luvinmykidz
06-01-2006, 02:32 PM
There is a segment about child rearing on this radio show and she is telling everyone how great and wonderful the pearls are :sick2 How can anyone think the pearls are great and awesome??? :hissyfit :mad :no2 :td

http://www.drewmarshall.ca/listen2006.html#060204

February 4 2006

klpmommy
06-01-2006, 04:27 PM
That disappoints me greatly. I like her & I really like Kirk Cameron. I hope that he doesn't have the same parenting philosophies.

Mother of Sons
06-01-2006, 04:33 PM
I just listened to it. She said Debi and Michael Pearl... they are incredible. :( She has a website with a contact candace button.... :mrgreen

hsgbdmama
06-01-2006, 04:45 PM
She has a website with a contact candace button.... :mrgreen

You :rockon !!!

This is truly disappointing ... this is not the ringing endorsement Christians need, to give the impression that this type of discipline is used by all Christians. :td :cry

Irene
06-01-2006, 04:58 PM
didnt kirk cameron help write some book with a paddle in it or am I totally way off base :shifty

Nightingale
06-01-2006, 05:08 PM
http://www.afajournal.org/2005/may/5. 05adoption.asp

One such book that Kirk and Chelsea use as a parenting tool second to the Bible is titled Shepherding A Child’s Heart by Ted Tripp.

"It lifts the wisdom of parenting out of the Bible and is the most amazing tool about godly parenting, godly discipline, getting to the heart of a child and not the behavior, [and] teaching the heart of your child….," Chelsea explained. "I want a child whose heart understands their need for God and understands God’s ways."

Therefore, she and Kirk run a tight ship when it comes to the structure and function of their family. But this tight ship sails on a sea of unconditional love as seen through prayer time, family devotions, family hikes, beach trips, free-for-alls in the yard, times of jubilant worship through dancing and singing, and Sunday visits with Grandma.

BeckaBlue
06-01-2006, 05:28 PM
:(

cheri
06-01-2006, 06:11 PM
On Candace Cameron's website, she says that she likes a book by the Pearls and the one by the Tripps.

Knitted_in_the_womb
06-01-2006, 09:10 PM
That disappoints me greatly. I like her & I really like Kirk Cameron. I hope that he doesn't have the same parenting philosophies.

I'm not really surprised about this. Really, from all I've heard Kirk did a pendulum swing--from the Hollywood lifestyle to being EXTREMELY conservative in his Christianity.

Jenn

cheri
06-02-2006, 06:05 AM

I'm not really surprised about this. Really, from all I've heard Kirk did a pendulum swing--from the Hollywood lifestyle to being EXTREMELY conservative in his Christianity.

Jenn

Yep. I watched the "E-true hollywood story: growing pains" and apparently when he became a Christian, it sounds like he became pretty obnoxious toward the entire cast and crew about lifestyles, how the show was written.

sarahtar
06-02-2006, 06:39 AM
I get such a kick out of Kirk Cameron's story - it's kind of typical of a new Christian to get kind of obnoxious about it...and fun to hear him and the cast discuss it now many years later. Too bad he likes the Tripps

Benjaminswife
06-02-2006, 07:41 AM
This makes me sad :( I was watching an old episode of Growing Pains the other day and I wondered about them. So sad :(

Maggie
06-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Why are so many conservative Christians so punitive? :( And so many think they have to spank to be a good Christian parent. :( :(

Benjaminswife
06-05-2006, 03:28 AM
Why are so many conservative Christians so punitive? :( And so many think they have to spank to be a good Christian parent. :( :(

I ask myself that every day :( I was reading an article in Parents that compared different parenting experts. I thought it was ironic that Dr. Dobson, which is the one that just screams Christian to people, seemed to have the most hurtful advice :(

mummy2boys
06-06-2006, 11:15 PM
:td

Actually I heard my favourite talk show host on the christian station in Sydney endorse Babywise this morning :hissyfit actaully am going to email him about it and find that link about the damage ezzo does and send it to him

Oliveshoots
06-07-2006, 08:58 AM
what is it with the 80's TV stars and their abusive parenting styles??? and WHY are they the only images of "christian celebrities" who give parenting advice?

i wish some crunchy christian AP non spanking celebrity would come out of the woodwork and start talking about parenting..... :scratch
(does that person exist?)

ChristianMother27
06-07-2006, 09:19 AM

i guess i'm an exception. :mrgreen i think i'm pretty conservative (i go to an independent fundamental church and am pretty on par with what they believe), but I'm all about AP and pretty much ignore anyone who tells me to CIO or not breastfeed ("doesn't she BITE????") or not cosleep ("But you need your sleep!"), etc. i just listen to God speaking to my heart :heart :heart

ChristianMother27
06-07-2006, 09:22 AM
what is it with the 80's TV stars and their abusive parenting styles??? and WHY are they the only images of "christian celebrities" who give parenting advice?

i wish some crunchy christian AP non spanking celebrity would come out of the woodwork and start talking about parenting..... :scratch
(does that person exist?)

didn't see this one when i posted :)

i dunno about crunchy christian AP celebrities... it seems to me that all the crunchy celebrities i've seen aren't Christian... but maybe there is one out there somewhere i dunno :shrug

Irene
06-07-2006, 03:05 PM
i wish some crunchy christian AP non spanking celebrity would come out of the woodwork and start talking about parenting..... scratching head I think though, if that were the case, they would get ripped apart by all the Dobson/Ezzo etc people for *somethign* and they would be under the microscope and everyone would be tearing apart everything they do etc to prove that it doenst work and its evil :shrug

Im not a celebrity ;) but people around here do that to me, how much more would it be if it was in the media, you know? I do agree that its very very sad that its like that though :(

Oliveshoots
06-07-2006, 05:00 PM
I think though, if that were the case, they would get ripped apart by all the Dobson/Ezzo etc people for *somethign* and they would be under the microscope and everyone would be tearing apart everything they do etc to prove that it doenst work and its evil :shrug

very good point....they would.

chelsea
06-08-2006, 09:27 PM
I wasn't able to listen to the clip on my computer...but the fact that she thinks the Pearls are fabulous greatly dissapoints me! Candace Cameron was my absolute hero when I was about 13 years old...there wasn't anyone with cooler "spider bangs" hair back then. ;)

http://www.afajournal.org/2005/may/5. 05adoption.asp
One such book that Kirk and Chelsea use as a parenting tool second to the Bible is titled Shepherding A Child’s Heart by Ted Tripp.

Are you kidding me?! :jawdrop Second to the Bible?!!! That is truly shocking! I have to say I think that book is one that will definitely be "Left Behind"! (Sorry, I couldn't resist! :O :rolleyes ) I really didn't think that either of these books had any "major endorsers" out there. :( It's really too bad!

apmommy
06-08-2006, 09:32 PM
:bheart :banghead

Radosny Matka
06-10-2006, 11:14 AM
:td