PDA

View Full Version : New Vegan - WOW!!!

HuggaBuggaMommy
05-30-2006, 06:58 AM
I went vegan five days ago out of desperation - I've been suffering from hormone imbalances, severe fatigue, lethargy, bloating and weight gain, and just generally feeling like garbage for the last two years. And I've always eaten quite healthy compared to the S.A.D. All I can say is WOW!!! I can't believe how good I feel. I'm not tired, not feeling depressed or agitated, I have energy, been able to exercise, and have enjoyed eating again. :mrgreen :tu :amen I even made tofu fudgecicles for ds, and he loved them :yum

I'm not sure how fully I will be able to remain vegan, though, given my living situation (I am a single mom; I live with my parents and do the cooking/housekeeping, as they both work outside the home; they are not open to dietary changes, though I could sneak a few in :giggle). I probably will be able to stay relatively meat-free, but I can't be cooking two meals every night. I'm trying to make extra vegan dishes and freeze them, so hopefully that will help. I've found vegweb.com and love it. Ds and I made vegan bagles this morning - yum!

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi! and hope to get to know you all better. Any advice for a newbie would be appreciated! TIA!!!

ShangriLewis
05-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Congrats!

Just let us know what your specific meals you cook are. We could help you avoid the two meal trap :giggle

Have you see if your local library has any good cookbooks?

peacefulveganmom
06-01-2006, 04:17 PM
Welcome! :hug

Let me know any specific questions you have and I'll be glad to help. :tu