PDA

View Full Version : crocheting dipe covers, wool and cotton yarns

Garnet
05-17-2006, 12:02 PM
anybody have any input on this? I've asked this before, but since all I can do in crochet is a single stitch, and a double, I'm kinda hopeless. :mrgreen but I've heard I can use a single stitch to make covers, and wool liners for pocket dipes. Is there a pattern or is it just a trial and error.

Moon
05-19-2006, 08:06 AM
Check out the wool soakers group on Yahoo, they have several crochet patterns in their files (you have to join to get access). Otherwise the only free crochet pattern on the web I know of is part crochet and part knit.

You can buy an awesome crochet pattern at www.hyenacart.com/dandeliondreamers

Tengokujin
05-21-2006, 08:22 PM
In your subject line, you mention wool and cotton yarns. Are you considering using a blend yarn of these two fibers? If you are, can I steer you away from that?? :) You want the water repellent/antibacterial properties of the wool, NOT the absorbency of cotton for a diaper cover.

IslandMama
05-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Check out the wool soakers group on Yahoo, they have several crochet patterns in their files (you have to join to get access). Otherwise the only free crochet pattern on the web I know of is part crochet and part knit.

You can buy an awesome crochet pattern at www.hyenacart.com/dandeliondreamers

ITA! I've learned lots from this group. I like using the hdc (half double crochet) stitch for soakers. Ladybugz.ca also has great patterns. :tu

Garnet
05-22-2006, 08:53 AM
well, I want a wool one. but I want a cotton one in a nuetral color to go over some of the dipes I have that aren't........so great looking. :blush

IslandMama
05-23-2006, 08:46 AM
well, I want a wool one. but I want a cotton one in a nuetral color to go over some of the dipes I have that aren't........so great looking. :blush

You mean cotton to cover a dipe that already has a cover??? :shrug Cotton doesn't work well as a just a dipe cover. If you're gonna go throught the trouble of crocheting a cover, why not use wool? :tu Then you won't have 2 covers on. Does that make sense? I always make pretty wool covers to go with all of dd's clothes, and we use them as shorts/pants too... Trust me on this one. Crocheting a cover takes some effort and it would be worth your time to do them in wool. :yes