PDA

View Full Version : Parenting With Dignity

ebethmom
05-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Has anyone here read Mac Bledsoe's Parenting With Dignity? I've started his book about preschool age kids, and I'm interested in ordering his DVD series to watch with my dh. We need help getting on the same page. Dh believes in discipline without spanking, but our day to day encounters in discipline don't always match up.

I like that Parenting With Dignity warns strongly against spanking and punishments in general. I've found the general tone of the book rather . . . condescending.

But I think I could get past that. I do have several GBD books, and I love them all. But I have a hard time getting dh to read anything. The last book he read (at my insistance) was How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk. I was pregnant with dd when he read that, and she will be 2 this summer.

If anyone has read this or seen the DVD series, I'd love to hear your opinions.

luvinmykidz
05-17-2006, 04:37 PM
:yes I have read his books, I have seen the DVD and I have been to one of his seminars. We have found his methods really good. I really enjoyed his seminars alot :grin

canadiyank
05-17-2006, 10:52 PM
I hadn't heard about him until today, when my friend IMed me b/c she was trying to get freecycled tickets to his seminar...his website looks great, unfortunately the tickets were for last night, which was a little useless, lololol!