PDA

View Full Version : Anyone freeze pizza?

ShangriLewis
05-13-2006, 06:22 PM
I always get tempted by pizza. I don't ever order it, but my dh does. I was hoping I could freeze a few pizzas at once. Anyone have any luck with that?

I was thinking of doing the Isa Pizza from Vegan with a Vengeance. It has a red sauce, then dollops of pesto and dollops of "ricotta" cheese. I really think those Amy's Pizza are way too expensive and if I get them then my dh has no problem using them up :giggle but then there is nothing for me to eat.

lumpofclay
05-14-2006, 10:49 AM
I've frozen pizza crusts before, but not prepared pizzas. Let us know how it works. :)

TulipMama
05-14-2006, 10:54 AM
I thought about doing this. . . And want to, but haven't yet. I've read that the "trick" to doing frozen pizzas is putting the cheese on the crust before the sauce. I don't know how that would work, though, with vegan pizza. . .

milkmommy
05-14-2006, 01:08 PM
Havent done it with vegan pizza but heres how I freeze my veggie ones prepare pizza and bake. Let cool completely then wrap in thick layyer of plastic wrap doubling if needed then wrap again in foil and once more in plastic wrap (mostly to prevent foil frm tearing. It will keep for about 3 months. To reheat unwrap totally place on pizze pan bake 425 for 10-20 mintues depending on amount of toppings. Enjoy :yum

Deanna