PDA

View Full Version : A vent

lmgeenw
05-05-2006, 09:21 PM
We decided to just really concentrate on having a good garden this year and not purchase a CSA. We had friends get a trailer and bring us organic cow manure from 50 miles away, we baked the neighbor cookies so that we could use his rototiller, I spent 2 days digging up grass and weeds to make our garden bigger, we bought organic heirloom seeds and finally got all the early things planted in neat rows with little mounds Then my 2.5 year old happened. he stepped all over the lettuce the day after we planted it, and then yesterday, when I was in the front yard, he took the hose to the garden to water it like Daddy and with the sprayer on its highest setting, he sprayed huge holes all over the places we had planted. :hissyfit

He's learning right? And some day I will wish he was two again??

canadiyank
05-05-2006, 09:49 PM
Awww... :hug That's a LOT of work. Hopefully everything will still come up though! :hug

SueQ
05-06-2006, 03:48 AM
:hugs how frustrating. They stepping over where the seeds where planted shouldn't hurt it. The water may have washed up some of the seeds, though. I hope that your garden still does well. :pray :hugheart

lmgeenw
05-25-2006, 08:22 PM
we did have some things come up, thank God! I think some of the seeds were washed in between the rows though because we have lettuce and chard coming up in strange places.

Jeanette
06-01-2006, 07:55 PM
That's kind of cute :giggle I'm glad to hear that some things sprouted anyways :grin